Moccasins for a friend

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
nRIxtOO.jpg

I finished these moccasins today for my good friend, Brian Peterson. They are way too plain for my tastes but that's what he wanted so that's what I made him. I just hope they fit him well. I made them out of 8 ounce bison leather and used New Zealand red deer for the trim.

Darren

fmyth

WKR
Wow you are a true craftsman! I know a guy in Washington that makes boots. Always wanted a pair but couldn't afford them. Now that I can afford them he is not taking on any new customers. Are you accepting orders?

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, all, for the kind words! Since I sew everything up by hand, each project takes me a while. Right now I have a decent backlog of work so I am not taking any orders at this time.

Darren

Thanks, all, for the kind words! Since I sew everything up by hand, each project takes me a while. Right now I have a decent backlog of work so I am not taking any orders at this time.

Darren
in the future will you be taking orders? I really like those, plain is what i'm looking for. those look great! it's hard to find a plain and practical moc

CLJ

FNG
I would be interested in a pair as well. Please let me know if you start taking orders. Thanks!

Very nice but can they be made without laces? How much do they weight. In the past I just carried a pair of thick socks with insoles inside that would replace my boots for the final 100 yards (when necessary).

Last edited:

Warmsy

WKR
I just got a bunch of leather scraps from my cobbler to make some for me and the girlfriend. I'm inspired! Mine are going to look shoes that were composted... might have to rethink that. Thanks for posting those.