Moccasins?

Slim Jim

Does anyone use moccasins for final stalk archery mule deer hunting? I know that most everyone slips on an extra pair of socks for final stalk but I feel a little more protected, just as stealthy, and only a few more ounces than socks. Just wondering why no one else seems to use these. I love mine, they slip on in a flash, then just pull the socks I have on over my pant bottoms

Rockchuck

I use moccasins for that exact purpose. I made them from some elk hide i had tanned. They work great with a dr schols gel insert. Without the insert i was getting jabbed too much by rocks, stickers, etc. Works great now though. Definately worth the weight for archery stalks for me!

PathFinder

I've got some camo neoprene ones that I dug out of my dad's old hunting gear from back in the day. They are a huge improvement over socks. They keep my feet warm and are lots less painful to walk in the rough stuff in.

Manosteel

I have 2 sets of moccasins and 1 set of mukluks (mukluks are 10+" moccasins) those in you link are neither, they use a harder leather than moccasins and canvese top with eyelets, which will affect the feel you get with the ground (which in IMHO is the major benefit of using moccasins) plus harder leather, especially in the sole will be a little louder. Best to get real moccasins made from moose or deer hide and use an insole inside for added comfort, fit and protection from sharp rocks.

Peter K

I love the look of those Russell's! There made a half hour from my house in a small old building. I'm really thinking of having them make me a pair of their mountain boots for my upcoming hunt this fall. Get some boots made to fit my feet, they might cost more upfront, they should be the only pair I need for a long time.