mock scrapes?

who makes mock scrapes?

i have a nice buck on cam but only once a week. i would like to make a mock scrape to see if i can get him more consistent.

what do you guys put in the scrape to start?

or should i just leave the situation alone. i heard you can pee in it, but my multivitamin smell i am afraid might scare them off hahaha

I use mock scrapes all the time. Depending on you deer, I’d be trying to figure out why he’s showing up once a week. You probably aren’t near his bedding area unless you can identify something unique about when he chooses to be in area. Wind? Temp? Things like that. Does the wind change and then he’s suddenly on camera? I ask bc once a week ain’t that terrible. Remember, he’s only on camera once a week. Could be passing by but not getting a pic.
Other than that, why not try a mock? I don’t normally pee in mine. I would suggest trying to pinpoint what trail he’s using and maybe you’ll find one he’s made. The you can either set up on that scrape or put another really close by as a “competitive” scrape. Might work. Or you might just be spreading your scent around and encroaching into areas you shouldn’t be.

OP
F
thats the thing, not sure if i wanna drag my scent in there and end up just pushing him out all together.