Model 12

I was given my grandfathers old model 12 before he passed and i was looking at it today and remembered it won't go back into a loaded position. It will slide halfway forward then no farther. Does anyone have any experience with this at all?

hodgeman

WKR
I've got my grandfathers model 12. If it's a take down make sure the barrel is aligned and the magazine is fully back.

This is not like an 870- watch the Youtube video to show you how it's done. If that doesn't do it- time for a gunsmith. These guns are wonderful and most of them are getting up there in age. Be a bit ginger with it.

Winchester Model 12 DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY - YouTube

Last edited:

WKR
My guess is assembly issue as noted. These old shotguns are built like a bank vault. You would never wear it out in your lifetime. You are lucky to have received it and hope you enjoy it.

OP
skyler_2010
Well update I had my boss take a look at it and I guess I should have taken a little better look but it's not a model 12 it's a remington model 29. Im not sure who told me it was a model 12 but either way he is saying the same thing to make sure everything is aligned perfectly