Model 7 Build in the works

OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
range report
AM-JKLUYETRCp_ywAF8aYO70C0mc2xHM_i7muGAZwkA-IoGRXXRsYf0N3r0Kj7Z3-6fuCNMZSMUV4MoL6HFdbGpmVOryEIvOiWgl78ahIZfWBF0hemAr-Xst96mrXHqSI-K3vZnth3QqAlwOlDF3qavov03aTA=s724-no

Factory 108 eldm

shots 1-2, zero at 25 yards
shots 3-7 zero at 100 (b/c i'm an idiot and forgot how to read a Mil reticle...)
shots 8-10 confirm zero at 100. Adjusted .1 mil to the left.

AM-JKLWPZfMLtbzim3LrU7-Ardt9wSok_Vmt5b_vgzzQjD1heV86ifLp6ztjgIt10fXlqEAqamefZ_d3ZFTKEGmq2Zzg92ylusxQ1r91y2BjZ60gwoW4JldkH6tx8zQN0VIqOu-7A-5Gh-xPN9OdpCiOdtLDIQ=s1114-no

1/2 MOA all day gun! ...

seriously though, this is rokslide. 10 shot group below. Shots 11-20. I called a flyer on the shot on the upper right. Jerked the trigger like a mofo. I'm an average shot at best and my fundamentals need work. Very happy with this little gun. It's a shooter.

AM-JKLWq9VijI_DfxVerFGBM5Dubj4ruFX9Kjwiy21XB6Rzv__gAqJ-s_q8wqdktL8jRdM29NPxvpUlEufoBHTBxGyqTUtzKrZtValyVKG7dOdIiA7HkQR79Gyl8XyjD7Zg7qSbMS9y3lwMldW1HmNITHQ_6CA=s1114-no

that said, i'm about to go and bring it back to Alamo precision for a small tweak. I finally found a badger ordnance model 7 dbm in stock. Ordered it and 2 mdt 3 round mags. Having a little bit of feeding issues that I couldn't resolve with tweaking the lips on the wyatts rsa box or the spring. I was 50/50 on going bdl or dbm and couldn't find any in stock originally.

Last edited:

Viper*6

FNG
Nice looking rifle. I have the Remington 673 in 6.5 Rem Mag that I need to replace the laminated stock with a fiber glass or carbon stock. This will be my lightweight mountain rifle.

OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
guys,if you dont mind whats chad asking on those model 7 actions.

it was $400 for receiver w/ bolt. I'm pretty sure he's totally out of bolts at this point, not sure if he has any receivers left.

I had a bunch of additional work on top of the basic blueprint and port modifications he made as standard.

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
thanks tartan.so approximate price including all work done.did you have the bolt handle tig welded.

OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
thanks tartan.so approximate price including all work done.did you have the bolt handle tig welded.
~$800,

I also added
  • M16 Extractor
  • Dual ejectors
  • 40x handle (chad suggested this as the cam surface on the original handle wasn't even close to lining up with the surface on the receiver)
  • Time/Tig service
  • Tac bolt knob

OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
Badger DBM came in. I think I've solved the two concerns I originally had when I was going back and forth between dbm and bdl.

1. I shortened the release lever. I can still grab it pretty easy with my thumb, but it isn't sticking down super far anymore. Took off 3/8"+/-.
2. The 3 round MDT mags sit almost flush, they're light, and don't rattle at all. I did test it out sans stock with the provided pillars and it feeds great.

Now to take it back to APR and have them open up the inlet, cerakote, and install it.

AM-JKLUNlPEYniK9JuNnQeer2xuH0GVNSZjvOIkjeU5HAql1nuMfG-KPp0Jfx0v-n1wHKzoOa4poPz01XybYiJCjzVa3F8jF_3Os7gofiIwx8BkwbeuqR9VhmYgjNyebOj_m47pU2BXkB8sbnoLWrM_OZDRU8Q=w1718-h1289-no

woods89

WKR
Looks great! I have an M7 with that same Badger dbm. Works great, and I have been trying to decide if I want to shorten that lever like you did. It sticks out there quite aways.

Kind of a silly question, but it looks like the paint job is a black base with white, tan, and brown applied. Did you use a big sponge? Might try something similar seeing as yours turned out so great

brushape

WKR
That’s a sweet looking rifle and all around great build but man I can’t get over the weight of it that’s a brick for such a compact little rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
@Tartan , what did you use do shorten that lever? Did you drive the pin out and pull the lever out of the dbm, or did you work on it in place?
I punched the pin out, but just enough to remove the lever (left part of it in the trigger gaurd). I was worried that since it is a rolled pin I wouldn't be able to get it back in

used a dremel cut off wheel and a tabletop belt sander.

Last edited:
OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
Kind of a silly question, but it looks like the paint job is a black base with white, tan, and brown applied. Did you use a big sponge? Might try something similar seeing as yours turned out so great

yes I used to brown packaging paper that was scrunched up but same results as a sponge. The brown and tan were krylon camo. The white was something random I had laying around. It is clear coated with vht matte wheel paint.

Last edited:
OP
Tartan

Tartan

WKR
That’s a sweet looking rifle and all around great build but man I can’t get over the weight of it that’s a brick for such a compact little rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, for sure. I initially planned to go lighter, but after thinking about it this isn't a mountain rifle for me. Just general use in texas/oklahoma. Any out of state hunts I do with be with a bow. Maybe I'll replace the barrel when it burns out with a carbon one and save another pound, but I'm not planning any sheep hunts anytime soon :p

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I currently own two M7's. One in 7-08 and the other in 7 saum. I am planning on shortening the barrel on the saum to 20". I hope I can get it to turn out as nice as your project.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord