Model Seven *Build*

Stopped at my local gunstore today.. they had an old wood stock Model Seven in 6mm Rem. I was hoping to buy it and just shoot it as is.. after further inspection it looks like a lot of rust inside the barrel..

I got it for a song. What should I turn this into? Would love a smaller rifle for the wife.. maybe a 6mm creed? Hmm what would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d clean the barrel and then run some JB bore paste on a tight fitting patch and see how it looks after that. Then go shoot it and if acceptable groups proceed to kill stuff. If not a 6creed would be awesome on a M7.

woods89

WKR
I have a 6.5 Creedmoor built on an M7 action. I like it but aftermarket support isn't that great. Just something to keep in mind.

In my case I had the action so I used it. If I was building another I'd either use a custom action or , more likely, a Tikka.

M7's can be a little harder to shoot accurately with the way they balance, in my experience, but they are a joy to carry!

OP
silasbowhunter
My plan is to try and see how it shoots the way it is. Just want to suppress it for my wife..

Keep the suggestions coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk