Modify your insoles?

qwerksc

WKR
How about it? Anyone modify yer insoles? I wore the insoles in my crispi summits out, i tried a few aftermarket insole at the store, they all seem like they are junk, well, now I'm thinkin i need to screw with em a bit. Heat gun, glue, grind, I have a normal foot, seems like a lot for comfort. I got some green superfeet.

KineKilla

WKR
I'm thinking about modifying my expensive Sheepfeet insoles I just got. I'll probably wear them off and on for a while to see if they or my feet break in before I do anything though.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

OP
qwerksc

qwerksc

WKR
I f'ed up the superfeet good, don't put them in a toaster oven at 140 degrees for 4 minutes, they looked like a green marshmallow. I should have just returned them, live and learn. I'm still gonna send them back though, see what they say.

what didnt you like about the superfeet? i'm looking at getting a pair to put in my new Salewas as the stock insoles make my arches hurt

OP
qwerksc

qwerksc

WKR
The superfeet felt clunky and square, not natural to the shape of the boot or my foot. I wanted to like them, but my feet said No.
I'm sold on the Currex insoles, wore them around for half the day yesterday, felt normal, like they belong in the boot, no strange feeling at all.
These are for a hunting boot that only gets worn in the field.

Poser

WKR
I have big, thick toes so I often shim the bottom of the toe box area down as thin as I can get it to slope more vertical toe volume.

My general problem with superfeet is that they just soak up to much vertical volume in hiking boots. However, in snowboard boots, I tend to need just that. In fact, a new pair of snowboard boots usually takes me a few hours of shimming, adding padding to various places, heat molding etc to get them to fit right. It was kind of a eureka moment when I asked myself why I wasn’t doing similar work with my hiking boots.