Modifying Kuiu pack clips

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used a Kifaru repair kit to modify their buckles/clips on Kuiu packs? Or any pack for that matter? I am considering picking up some accessories to do a little modifying but curious on how well it works out in the end... Thanks in advance for any help

muddydogs

WKR
All the kit is is extra buckles and sliders some of them being split bar so they will fit between sewed areas so why wouldn't they work? Kit is an easy convenient package that's for sure but all the stuff offered in the kit and a lot more is available on the web with a little looking around so one could buy just what they need. Only issue a guy will run into is not all side release buckles are made the same so depending on the brand of pack and type of buckles used both pieces of the side release buckle might need to be replaced.

The Kuiu quick clips will allow for alot of modification. I have used them on multiple brands of packs to get things the way I wanted. They have both 1" and 3/4" clips. Best way to get them is to buy some spare compression straps for $10 then slide two off and cut the other two off. You can also go to a buckle and webbing online store and buy some G-Hooks I would recommend the wavelock version or Kifaru K-Hooks are similar as well.

If you dig hard you can find those Duraflex Gatekeeper buckles Kuiu uses. I know I saw some place from China selling them?

Plus most of the stuff on a Kuiu is 3/4'' and on Kifaru is 1'' I believe?

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
It's almost impossible to find those duraflex gatekeepers for sale online. I called Kuiu and asked if they'd sell me some. They sent me a dozen (6 3/4" and 6 1") for $10, shipping included! I thought that was really nice of them and it beats buying a set of compression straps for $10 just to canibalize them for 4 3/4" buckles. I've used them to attach a couple different bags to my Exo frame

OP
Nwelkhunter81

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
It's almost impossible to find those duraflex gatekeepers for sale online. I called Kuiu and asked if they'd sell me some. They sent me a dozen (6 3/4" and 6 1") for $10, shipping included! I thought that was really nice of them and it beats buying a set of compression straps for $10 just to canibalize them for 4 3/4" buckles. I've used them to attach a couple different bags to my Exo frame

I need to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced the gatekeepers on a friends Icon Pro with bachelor buckles from Seek outside. They work great, and are very robust. Only 3/4" though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
Nwelkhunter81

Nwelkhunter81

Lil-Rokslider
I am gonna order some up and make it so all my bags and access to the pouches are just a click away ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk