Modifying Load Lifters $2.00 Fix

North61

Lil-Rokslider
I need to save up to get my oldest daughter to Edinburgh next summer for a school-drama trip to the Fringe Festival so no more expensive gear this year. I have a Cabela's frame which works ok, except the load lifters don't give much of a lift on my 23" back. This summer I packed out some caribou and the pack was good except too much pressure on my shoulders-neck. Longer load lifters would help, as would packing the load higher. I have often wished that there was another strut across the frame that I could tie the load lifters too and finally decided to try and make one.

I laminated a curved cross piece out of three pieces of 3mm baltic birch plywood. Zip tied across the frame it allows me to lift the load lift attachment a further 2" which makes a big difference. At present I have it zip tied on. I was going to use some u-bolts but the zip ties are working so well I might not bother. I am pleased with this mod.

Loadlifter3.jpg

Load_Lifter_1.jpg

Video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToJ0cCcDXA4

OP
N

North61

Lil-Rokslider
She does. I have lived this long without a Kifaru, but someday I'll get one. Until then this Cabelas pack will do, along with my Dana Designs Astroplane internal for sheep if I ever get light and fit enough again!