Molle 2 waist belt keeps coming undone?

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
So it seems like my waist belt buckle on a molle 2 setup keeps coming undone. I dont see any plastic chipped but I'd go to tighten the strap and itd just pull apart. Any recommendation on what to look at? I noticed the tabs kind of push against each other, so I bent them a bit and it stuck enough for working out, but there were 2 times it came undone still. Would suck if I'm loading out meat and it keeps unbuckling.

Is there different waist belt compatible with the frame/molle 2 suspension?

You can always just replace the buckle for a few bucks. The original buckle that came with mine kept slipping open so I just bought a replacement set of buckles for the Marine Corp ILBE and swapped out the main buckle. It worked significantly better and I used it for several years o f backpacking with no issue. If you're looking to replace the whole waist belt you can order the belt or an entirely new suspension from Wilderness Pack Specialties. They are a small hunting pack company out of Oregon that use the military frames for the basis of their packs. I replaced the suspension on my MOLLE II frame with the suspension for their Kodiak frame (same frame, just different name).

Agree. new buckles is a cheap bit of insurance and easy to come by. For that matter, the entire waist belt can be replaced for under $20.

if you really want to go crazy, find an old MR NICE frame for your molle bag and dump the POS frame and straps for something much, much better.

calvb1

FNG
Im actally selling both my 1603 and 1606 frame right now but loved them as a budget pack.

Do you want to post a picture to see that its threaded right?
It could wear smooth after a lot of use, but it take a LOT of pulling the strap back and forth.

A new buckle is a cheap fix if the webbing is getting hard and smooth give it a little soap bath and quick scuff.

OP
H

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
Well I played with it some more and I think the tabs just needed pressed in a little and were too far apart so were just slipping open. Took it out 4 miles today and it was fine. I did notice I had a twist in my belt, so I have a big ole welt on my right side.