Mom, getting after it!

Last November Dad and I were archery hunting another property about an hour and a half from home and Mom was hunting behind their house. When we got out of the woods, Ma called and said she had hit a buck really well, and that they needed to get it when Dad got home. I told Dad to call me if they needed help or when they found it. No call came that night, so I called them the next morning.

They had great blood, but the buck was still alive, so they left it overnight. They had already gone out that morning and followed it another 100 yards or so before they completely lost blood, and now they were back having breakfast. About 11 am Ma starts getting her boots on and Dad asked what the her plan was. "That bucks dead, and I am going to find him. Keep your phone on, I'll call if I find more blood."

A half hour or so later, she calls Dad. "Bring my boots, he's in the pond." So it takes Dad about a half hour to get her boots, knife, and the wheeler. Needless to say, Ma was a little excited, and in Dad's 15683.jpegwords "by the time I got out there she was wet clean up to her tits!" She didn't even wait to "rock, paper, scissors". Her words: "my deer, my responsibility."
15679.jpeg
She had called the shot, perfect double lung, maybe a little high. It was just one of those deals where in her confidence, they might have gotten on the trail too soon and bumped the buck

The pond was just above freezing and about 5' deep, at least the day was starting to warm up!

Oh, and I know age is just a number, but Ma is 73, Dad is 75. LOTS OF GREAT MEMORIES WITH THOSE TWO THROUGH THE YEARS.
15678.jpeg

Zak1215

FNG
That is awesome! It’s great to see a lady in her early 70’s getting after it. Puts a smile on my face.

I hope I’m still in the woods doing what I love at their age! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last November Dad and I were archery hunting another property about an hour and a half from home and Mom was hunting behind their house. When we got out of the woods, Ma called and said she had hit a buck really well, and that they needed to get it when Dad got home. I told Dad to call me if they needed help or when they found it. No call came that night, so I called them the next morning.

They had great blood, but the buck was still alive, so they left it overnight. They had already gone out that morning and followed it another 100 yards or so before they completely lost blood, and now they were back having breakfast. About 11 am Ma starts getting her boots on and Dad asked what the her plan was. "That bucks dead, and I am going to find him. Keep your phone on, I'll call if I find more blood."

A half hour or so later, she calls Dad. "Bring my boots, he's in the pond." So it takes Dad about a half hour to get her boots, knife, and the wheeler. Needless to say, Ma was a little excited, and in Dad's View attachment 95562words "by the time I got out there she was wet clean up to her tits!" She didn't even wait to "rock, paper, scissors". Her words: "my deer, my responsibility."
View attachment 95564
She had called the shot, perfect double lung, maybe a little high. It was just one of those deals where in her confidence, they might have gotten on the trail too soon and bumped the buck

The pond was just above freezing and about 5' deep, at least the day was starting to warm up!

Oh, and I know age is just a number, but Ma is 73, Dad is 75. LOTS OF GREAT MEMORIES WITH THOSE TWO THROUGH THE YEARS.
View attachment 95567
Yeah, congrats to your mom, that's awesome!

HMP25

FNG

A half hour or so later, she calls Dad. "Bring my boots, he's in the pond." So it takes Dad about a half hour to get her boots, knife, and the wheeler. Needless to say, Ma was a little excited, and in Dad's View attachment 95562words "by the time I got out there she was wet clean up to her tits!" She didn't even wait to "rock, paper, scissors". Her words: "my deer, my responsibility."
View attachment 95564

View attachment 95567
That’s awesome! What your dad said made me laugh