Monfrotta 410JR-great head for your big spotter!

The MONFROTTO 410 JR may be the perfect head for your big glass. After reading waaay too many reviews and asking experts I chose this gear head for my Swaro BTX w/ 95mm spotter. Even with the 1.7 extender and a stiff wind this head held the scope perfectly still and enables you to simply turn knobs to slowly scan and pick apart an area. If you are seeking a head that you can completely lock down that isn’t huge and weight 3+lbs…look at this one. It can handle considerably more weight than my glass (for you shutterbug types) and is now only $280. (They’ve come down a lot in price over the years.) There are lots of choices out there, I think this was one of the most anguishing purchases I have made because everyone was pushing me in another couple of directions. For the features, weight and dimensions I think this may be the best and least expensive gear heads suitable for us using big glass. Very happy with the 410 Junior.

MONFROTTO410JR.JPG

MONFROTTO.JPG

Last edited:
  • Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Got this pic off Snipershide, it was taken at the Gunsite long range, apparently the 410JR is a popular choice over there.

MONFROTTOJRSATGUNSITELRCOURSE.JPG