Monopod, Bipod, Tripod...

JordanAdams

Lil-Rokslider
I'm lookin to upgrade my shooting stick(s) for coyote sets. I'm currently using a monopod and although i get along with it okay its not the easiest nor quickest to adjust and can be tough to get steady on in some situations (wind and uneven terrain being the biggest obstacles) . When I can, I use my javelin bipod that attaches to my rifle itself and shoot laying prone which works great but most times I'm sighting in an upright position while we call.

What are some sticks that you guys use that are easy to operate and help get those longer and sometimes rushed shots off steadily? Thanks!

Jimss

WKR
A lot depends on the country and vegetation where you hunt. My #1 choice is to shoot close to the ground from prone position with my pack on top of my backpack. My 2nd choice would be backpack on top of a rock or small bush.

I almost always have my spotting scope on a tripod in my hands so haven't felt the need for a bipod or shooting sticks when shooting in tall vegetation. I have a super steady rest with my rifle set on my spotting scope...sometimes tilting the tripod head to get the best position. I tried tripod shooting sticks while hunting whitetails in super tall grass in Nebraska this fall and decided it wasn't work carrying both spotting scope/tripod plus shooting sticks.

With that said, I would use what ever you have practiced with and have the most confidence in.

I’ve been using a Pole Cat for about 20 years. Think they were made by a company called Stoney Pt in Minnesota but I just did a search and maybe Primos bought them out?

Either way, great to use as a hiking stick and quick upright shots but also for kneeling or sitting. Love it and while I also love bipods, I don’t hunt with them (often shooting uphill or from compromised positions).

Lawnboi

WKR
16B80085-BE1C-4475-BEA9-E5361F18BCDF.jpeg
Tripod and a hard mount is very steady when prone is not an option. I’m not much of a coyote hunter quite yet but got the above as a do all solution for shooting and glassing. Plugs in on a pic or acra rail.

jmcd22

WKR
My fiance bought me a Swagger bipod for Xmas this year to put on my yote gun. Really steady compared to ones I've used in the past. Mounts and comes off easily if you want to take it off. They are pretty expensive and a bit heavy. I definitely wouldn't use it packing in but for yote stands using our side by side, it is perfect.