Monster Mountain Lion Snared North of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Enormous cat. Does CA still ban anything and everything to do with a cat?

Yes and it has gotten really bad in my area of California with the cats. At one of the popular state parks in our area a guy snapped a photo of a huge rock face that overlooks a more secluded part of the park. There were 14 cats counted sitting out on the rocks sun bathing like giant house cats.

A friend of mine loaded his goats out to a rancher two years ago to help with some vegetation overgrowth. They trailered in 30 goats and dropped them off in a 200 acre cross fenced area at the back of the property. When they came back to pick the goats up there were only 6 goats left. They found near whole goats stuffed up into trees and under rocks.

You can go into Oakland and shoot a homeless person and get off easier than shooting a mountain lion here. It’s insanity.

jmcd22

WKR
Yes and it has gotten really bad in my area of California with the cats. At one of the popular state parks in our area a guy snapped a photo of a huge rock face that overlooks a more secluded part of the park. There were 14 cats counted sitting out on the rocks sun bathing like giant house cats.

A friend of mine loaded his goats out to a rancher two years ago to help with some vegetation overgrowth. They trailered in 30 goats and dropped them off in a 200 acre cross fenced area at the back of the property. When they came back to pick the goats up there were only 6 goats left. They found near whole goats stuffed up into trees and under rocks.

You can go into Oakland and shoot a homeless person and get off easier than shooting a mountain lion here. It’s insanity.

Not much has changed. I moved out of Sonoma Co as a very young kid but I remember having to be on the lookout back then...I can't even imagine how bad it's gotten now. We used to camp up at Lake Pillsbury...I bet that place is overran with the damn things now.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Would love to see that photo, happen to have a link?

It was a photo on a friends phone from down in Sunol, CA. I’ll text him right now and see if he has a link to the photo or could send it to me. Edit: he just texted me back and is texting the biologist who shared the photo with him to see if he’s allowed to share it.

Last edited:
I once weighed a big male that tipped the scales at 176 lbs. It came from north central Wyoming.

That was a big kitty!!

ClearCreek

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
Dream hunt right there! That picture in the OP looks like he has 40 lbs of venison in his stomach.

Squamch

WKR
Dang, a herd of lions...or is that a pride? :LOL:

Keep us posted on the sunbathers!

I had 4 adult (legally, no spots) cats on camera together a few years back, and 2 days later had one big set and 3 smaller sets of tracks over mine in the snow when I was heading back out from a timber hunt...sure glad I wasn't used as teaching material that day!

But I don't want to be!!! :ROFLMAO:

The first video only caught 3 of the 4, but here's 3 cruising together.

Awe, so kyoooot, they look lost, scared and hungry though, David Suzuki should go adopt them ;)

That's crazy, only Squamch would pull out a video of a herd of cats...I gotta jump on that ferry and try to get one of those with my bow one of these winters.