Monster Wake Limbs on a V3 31?

. I completely agree with that. I wasn’t looking for “oh yeah! Here’s how you do it…” I was just thinking he’d say something like, “yes it can be done with various modifications but it will not only void your warranty but you will also experience xyz adverse effects”

Problem is that's still advising someone to do something.

If he told you, yah you can do it, going to void your warranty, going to add 1/2" to your brace height since the limbs are 1/2" longer so you will need to shoot a shorter cam and it will reduce your power stroke so it actually isn't gaining you anything, you will need more poundage for the same speed.

You do it anyways and your string explodes. Might be you got a bad set, might be you dry fired it. Who knows. But if you have proof that a Mathew's tech told you it would be ok, there's plenty of people that would take that to court. It's just the society we live in now. If I owned a company like that I'd instruct my employees to answer almost every question with take it to your local pro shop. Consumers don't take any responsibility, well likely most do, but that bad apple ruins the bunch.

Just liability insurance to operate anymore is insane, I spend a large chunk of change just on insurance so I can work. Not including all the other insurances.

I figured it was one of those lost in the text kind of things. Our language is very contextual so it happens a lot. One of the many disadvantages to texts and emails. That’s why I tried to clarify that my response wasn’t trying to be a turd. I’m not here to make enemies or piss someone off.
I do know it can be done with a slightly lighter arrow and at the end of the day that may be what I have to do. If I went a hair lighter I might could bump up my FOC and have a win, win on my hands. I just wanted to ask the question before I went lighter if I didn’t have to do so. Ya know what I mean? I had a guy tell me one time when I was a kid, “if you ask a question you’re a fool for 5 minutes. If you never ask a question you’re a fool for a lifetime.” More times than not, asking the question helps lol

You using 125 heads?

Try putting 100 on the front and see if you like what you get, granted it's going to lower your foc, but you will likely find out that number don't mean a whole lot. If you are that worried about it go 100, cut 5/8"-3/4" and you will likely be at the same percentage.

Zac

WKR
Alright @Zac. Before reading this understand I am not trying to be a turd but merely stating my case after you came in REAL strong for no reason.

Point taken but you’re wrong on all of your assumptions except one. I have shot this bow almost daily since I got it in January. Paper, bare, broadheads(multiple), field points. To add to that, Ive shot multiple vane configurations and currently shooting 4 fletch heat vanes. With them it’s bullet holes shot after shot and tight groups with bh’s and fp’s. It’s tuned great. Most fine tuned ive ever had a bow but I like to tinker. You are however right on the assumption that I ran it through a chrono and saw a number that didn’t thrill me. So what? What’s the difference in this and a guy gearing up his corvette to run a 1/4 mile in no time flat, that’s never going to see a race track? The car is already running fast as hell and is tuned to do so from the factory. Is that “idiotic” too? The reason for asking about limbs is to avoid altering the cables. How else do you suppose someone become educated on a topic other than asking others that may know more than he does or may have done it before?
You made my point. Stop screwing with it. Most people could only dream of spitting a 515 grain arrow at 275.

OR Archer

WKR
Has he shot through paper? Has he bare shafted? Has he shot broadheads with fieldpoints? These are the questions that should be asked. If all of this is perfect than should he mess with his setup? My assumption is that he hasn't done any of this. He simply shot through a chronograph and wanted to hit a meaningless number. My guess is he's got alot of work to do before he goes trying to learn how to switch limbs and turn cables. Right now he's working from the front backwards.
Yep you ASSumed. Even if he had done all of that, if he wants to alter HIS set up for a little more speed, who cares. There’s nothing that says he can’t retune the bow once a tune is initially achieved.

Zac

WKR
Yep you ASSumed. Even if he had done all of that, if he wants to alter HIS set up for a little more speed, who cares. There’s nothing that says he can’t retune the bow once a tune is initially achieved.
Retune? He wants to swap limbs so he doesn't have to turn a cable. He'd have to go to a shop. If he showed up to yours with a perfectly tuned bow, what would you tell him?

OP
B
Problem is that's still advising someone to do something.

If he told you, yah you can do it, going to void your warranty, going to add 1/2" to your brace height since the limbs are 1/2" longer so you will need to shoot a shorter cam and it will reduce your power stroke so it actually isn't gaining you anything, you will need more poundage for the same speed.

You do it anyways and your string explodes. Might be you got a bad set, might be you dry fired it. Who knows. But if you have proof that a Mathew's tech told you it would be ok, there's plenty of people that would take that to court. It's just the society we live in now. If I owned a company like that I'd instruct my employees to answer almost every question with take it to your local pro shop. Consumers don't take any responsibility, well likely most do, but that bad apple ruins the bunch.

Just liability insurance to operate anymore is insane, I spend a large chunk of change just on insurance so I can work. Not including all the other insurances.
I agree with you. For every one person like myself that sees it’s my fault, I made the mods, I’m the one to blame, there are 9 others that want to blame the manufacturer. It’s definitely a litigious society we live in and it’s a shame because the vast majority of the time it’s user error.

OR Archer

WKR
As a good tech I would give him options. Just as I did in my original post. Not call him a idiot even if I disagree with his wishes. Simple as that.

OP
B
The intentions of my post weren’t to start arguments. It was to gain insight which the thread has quickly departed from as it goes along. @OR Archer i appreciate you supporting my curiosity and @Zac I value your opinion on the topic too but this wasn’t meant to cause a fuss among anyone. We are all grown men. I think we can probably all agree that someone came in a little hot(not naming names😜) but what was said got addressed. I’m not bothered by it so I think we can let it go. At the end of the day however stupid or smart my decisions or questions may be they are entirely up to me. It does however sound like the cons outweigh the pros. Thanks everyone for your time and advice!

4rcgoat

WKR
The intentions of my post weren’t to start arguments. It was to gain insight which the thread has quickly departed from as it goes along. @OR Archer i appreciate you supporting my curiosity and @Zac I value your opinion on the topic too but this wasn’t meant to cause a fuss among anyone. We are all grown men. I think we can probably all agree that someone came in a little hot(not naming names😜) but what was said got addressed. I’m not bothered by it so I think we can let it go. At the end of the day however stupid or smart my decisions or questions may be they are entirely up to me. It does however sound like the cons outweigh the pros. Thanks everyone for your time and advice!
Im with you on this one man,push the envelope, why not? I wanted a monster wake years ago just to experience what an 80lb bow would be like to shoot. I like things outside the norm.

Zac

WKR
It's all good man I've screwed up many perfect setups. Really I think you should be thrilled that you have that kind of power at your draw length. That is a killer setup, and 275 is very forgiving speed for fixed blades.

OP
B
It's all good man I've screwed up many perfect setups. Really I think you should be thrilled that you have that kind of power at your draw length. That is a killer setup, and 275 is very forgiving speed for fixed blades.
Thank you. I am very pleased with it so far. Blew through a buck long ways with a rage NC 125 in January. I want to eventually move to a fixed but I had them left over so I thought why not? I will say though, I was extremely impressed. Huge gash in the back and blew out the front shoulder with another very large cut. Both were 2” if not more. That said I’m still not completely sold.

Reactions: Zac
OP
B
Im with you on this one man,push the envelope, why not? I wanted a monster wake years ago just to experience what an 80lb bow would be like to shoot. I like things outside the norm.
I will say it’s quite a difference in performance. With the newer bows it doesn’t “feel” like more than 70lb. But the extra poundage shows on the FPS.

vmals

FNG
Some guy put wake limbs on his vertix and it made 100#s with the 75# mods. Wake limbs are not plug and pay with the vretix/vxr at least and i think they use the same limb pocket design as the v3 but not 100% sure. The limb tip end that goes onto the pocket it shaped differently and if you want to install them to the vxr/v3 pocket you need to grind them to fit, which is sketchy imo. I have 80# wake limbs on my traverse and they are plug and play which is why its becoming a popular swap.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Some guy put wake limbs on his vertix and it made 100#s with the 75# mods. Wake limbs are not plug and pay with the vretix/vxr at least and i think they use the same limb pocket design as the v3 but not 100% sure. The limb tip end that goes onto the pocket it shaped differently and if you want to install them to the vxr/v3 pocket you need to grind them to fit, which is sketchy imo. I have 80# wake limbs on my traverse and they are plug and play which is why its becoming a popular swap.
Sounds like a Elk Killing machine. You should post some pics, I’d love to see that combo.

OP
B
That makes sense that more guys would be doing it if it didn’t require grinding. That’s the part that makes me not want to do it. It was much more of a curiosity/idea than anything. Leaning heavily towards not doing that. I don’t trust it