Montana 363

rvanbw00

FNG
Looking for some general info for Montana unit 362 for archery rut hunt. Considering this unit as a backup to our primary unit (also in zone 3). Obviously not looking for any hot spots, but want to get a feel for hunting pressure compared to other zone 3 units, elk numbers/distribution, and any other relevant information specific to this unit (good or bad). Any feedback is very appreciated, and PM are absolutely welcome. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
rvanbw00

rvanbw00

FNG
Sorry for the confusion, but I meant unit 362, and I can't figure out if I can delete the post or not...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't have any information for you, but would highly recommend contacting the biologist or warden in the area. They will be able to answer many of your questions. If you contact them and ask general questions about the unit, expect a generic response. If you can nail down an area that you like and ask specific questions about that area, you'll get a lot more information from them.

It's a relatively high pressure hunting area. You'll see LOTS of vehicles at the trailheads. Carry bear spray. There are wolves and have been for many years. They should be very low on your list of concerns.