Montana 700's tag

askibness

Lil-Rokslider
In 705 in mid October antelope hunting we didn’t see as many deer as we usually do. They’re were some but again not the numbers we’d see in years past.

mike464

FNG
I usually hunt around Alzada on the BLM down there, my brother wants to go again next year so I'm hoping its recovered.

R-K

FNG
How’s Montana on nonresidents?

Decent antelope populations, if that's what your asking. I was able to get a buck on my first day, just had to walk away from the truck a bit. Good amount of public land and Block Management (private ranch opened to public).Tag price is going to be what it is.

But I don't think people will let the air out of your tires for having an out of state plate (like Arkansas duck hunters will).

And no, I didn't see any muleys while I was out there.

ratatack

FNG
I saw plenty of Antelopes, although with it being my first year hunting them maybe I didn't know what to expect?!? But tagged out in 3 days on a buck, not the one I wanted but I had limited time.

TygerJ

FNG
Robie, I grew up in Southeatern Montana. Opening weekend isn't that bad for crowds. It is correct in saying that people do more driving roads than hunting. If you need a little help on where to go, let me know. I can help you out.

Hey Fritz - drew R7 antelope for the first time and headed up this fall. Any tips? Would be happy to talk over DM if you’d be willing to chat at the area and hunt.