Montana 900-20 -- most fun possible

Where are you planning on hunting? Eastern MT is where I would go on my first goat hunt to MT. Of course there are places further West but IMO A LOT less opportunity. Bring a rifle and shoot some Prairie dogs. If you had a day to burn take a guided Fly Fishing trip on the Bighorn. Bring a shotgun as you will no doubt have opportunity at some Sharptails maybe some huns just by driving around.

Unless I'm fly fishing or Elk hunting these days I would rather spend my time East of Billings.

Of course if you are basically spending as much time as it seems you are there no reason you couldn't hit goats hard for a bit out East then head back west for a bit to do more Fishing.

I agree, I would stay near the Billings area or farther east first, fill my antelope tag, then head farther west and look for black bears, fly fish, and scout elk closer to the Missoula area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW44

FNG
Really hoping I draw a antelope tag this year! 3 years in a row I haven’t drawn!

Geewhiz

WKR
Where do you get one of those hats. Got a newb going hunting with us this year and I’d love to make him wear one

He'll be the only one to kill a goat! lol

To be honest im not sure. "Be the decoy" is the company. I bought mine from a friend who was too embarrassed to wear it. lol

Use a 6.5 PRC or some hot rod long range rifle

Haha as much as I love bow hunting there's some things that are better done with a rifle.

I'd definitely wait until closer to September and the rut where they'll be more likely to decoy. Or sit water. If your area has some topographical features you can stalk. That's why I just rifle hunt them. Where I hunt is just wide open fields as far as the eye can see. It's hard to just get into rifle range. Then September is for elk. Early August is for elk prep.

Now if I'm deer hunting and see goats with a rifle tag I'll give it a try if I can. But it never works out because it's so flat and open.

Good luck!