Montana Alternate List posted

j_volt

WKR
I called Montana F&G yesterday to get a better understanding of the timing here. With being #13 in line, I imagine I might be in the first group of people they contact. The employee I spoke to was not sure when they would start reaching out to people, but she was guessing next week at the earliest. According to her, it will be via email (no calls) and you will have 5 days to go in and buy the tag. I am going out of the country starting Saturday for 8 days, so I am hoping it is via email. I plan to call again later this week to see where they are and if they have a better idea of timing.

netman

WKR
I read somewhere that the FWP was contacting people on the alternate list as late as November.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got contacted about 5 yrs ago the last week of November I said thanks but. No thanks…anyone 1000 and below still has a decent shot just May be late October

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone get an email yet? I spoke to MT FWP and they thought they'd start sending out emails yesterday but I haven't seen any changes in status.

WCB

WKR
Anyone get an email yet? I spoke to MT FWP and they thought they'd start sending out emails yesterday but I haven't seen any changes in status.
I haven't and I'm #23 on the Elk list so I would have to imagine I'd would get one pretty quick

j_volt

WKR
No email for me yet. I just called and… “I’m hoping it’ll be this week but it might not be for a couple weeks”

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
I am 579 of 3043 on the list. Does anyone know the latest they will contact you? I would assume up until season starts?

j_volt

WKR
I called. They sent out the wrong email. They expect to have the correct email out to the first round of people by EOD.

j_volt

WKR
“We aren’t for sure when, but are hoping we will start contacting people next week”

They did confirm I can reserve BMAs without a tag due to my number. It seemed to be more of a thing where they won’t cross reference anything, rather than that actually being allowed.

TACT0398

FNG
Just checked the list….. I went from 264 to 20 on the Big Game Combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk