Montana Archery Elk Hunt

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Sounds like it was a great experience. I love MT and can't wait to go back....Out of the 3 of you, did any of you have a legitimate shot opportunity on a legal bull? Any arrows released?

Did you each have a guide or did you share 1?

OP
B
We all three had shot opportunities on legal bulls. One of our hunters couldn't verify the range on a bull so he decided not to shoot. Another hunter had that same bull in range, but was letting the other guy shoot first. By the time he realized that hunter wasn't going to shoot, the bull was walking away. I had two shot opportunities and shot two arrows. Both very steep downhill shots. I missed clean on both shots. Us MN guys don't get shots like that around here. I need to work on those more! Total Archery Challenge will definitely be on my list this coming summer. We had two guides between the three of us. We alternated who went solo and who paired up so we all had equal time hunting solo. Some days, we all hunted together...which was just fine with us. It was a great experience. I am bummed I didn't come home with an elk (this is now 0 elk in 5 hunting trips), but the memories and experiences are all so worth it.