Montana archery unit 632

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, just seeing if anyone has any insight on unit 632 and the hunting pressure during archery season. Basically it seems like it may be hard to get away from people? If we draw we will be going in by boat, does this help with avoiding crowds? just trying trying to feel this out as much as possible before putting in for it. Any info greatly appreciated!

Forest

WKR
It's really not that big of an area, and there are roads to reach a majority of the unit. At least that get you to the top of the ridges. That said hunting from a boat is not a terrible idea, could give you a better chance of being in the right place at the right time. Hunting during the week is really your best shot at avoiding the heaviest crowds

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
It's really not that big of an area, and there are roads to reach a majority of the unit. At least that get you to the top of the ridges. That said hunting from a boat is not a terrible idea, could give you a better chance of being in the right place at the right time. Hunting during the week is really your best shot at avoiding the heaviest crowds

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, just read a reply on another post saying unit specific questions are looked down upon... whoops 😯. I guess I haven't been on here in a while. That's all I'm looking for though. I'm basically thinking the same as you. Just trying to weigh my options. Seems like most of the other good drawable tags for me are in griz country. I'm not quite sure I'm up for that yet... We would be hunting through out the week though seeing as we're coming from south Dakota so hopefully that's a big help.

The only problem by boat is during fall water level is so low that there can be over twenty feet of mud between water and solid shore. and its not any mud you can just skip across. Ive seen dudes make bridges with 2x6 and such. So if you wonder why the hell that jet boat has a bunch of lumber in it during hunting season...

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
The only problem by boat is during fall water level is so low that there can be over twenty feet of mud between water and solid shore. and its not any mud you can just skip across. Ive seen dudes make bridges with 2x6 and such. So if you wonder why the hell that jet boat has a bunch of lumber in it during hunting season...
I had no idea about that... at least I have lots of old lumber at the house. Thanks for the heads up!