MONTANA BACKCOUNTRY OUTFITTERS

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
Oh I forgot to answer your question, I don’t know which part of the Bob we were in. I just remember there was a gigantic bull screaming at me with his harem and he was across the Flat Head river which was to dangerous for us to cross. It was very frustrating lol.
I bet that was frustrating!! hopefully like you said with it being 1 guide and me my chances will go up, my guide was the Lincoln county sheriff and ran search and rescue in those mountains so he should be pretty familiar with the area. thanks for the reply!!!

Returned from hunt with Montana Safaris on 9/23. I was fortunate to kill the only animal in camp. Most guys had bear tags and a few had wolf tags.

The overall experience for me was incredible and checked a lot of bucket list boxes. We lived like mountain men for a week, and I killed a very nice bull. However, animal numbers were very low given the number of hunters, guides, and terrain we covered.

As we drove away from Swift Dam, my brother and I agreed we'd never do it again. However, now that I've been home for a few days, I realize that the wilderness gets into your blood. I will probably go back to the Bob again sometime in the future, and hopefully over the next several years the predator numbers are brought under control.

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
Returned from hunt with Montana Safaris on 9/23. I was fortunate to kill the only animal in camp. Most guys had bear tags and a few had wolf tags.

The overall experience for me was incredible and checked a lot of bucket list boxes. We lived like mountain men for a week, and I killed a very nice bull. However, animal numbers were very low given the number of hunters, guides, and terrain we covered.

As we drove away from Swift Dam, my brother and I agreed we'd never do it again. However, now that I've been home for a few days, I realize that the wilderness gets into your blood. I will probably go back to the Bob again sometime in the future, and hopefully over the next several years the predator numbers are brought under control.
Congratulations on the bull. the bob also checked a lot of boxes for me to. I will also go back next year.

Elk and deer….. do NOT hunt the Bob! Unless sight seeing is good enough. Beautiful place. Not enough elk. Great grizzlie hunting if we could get tags!