MONTANA BACKCOUNTRY OUTFITTERS

Hello, does anyone have any info or experience with MONTANA BACKCOUNTRY OUTFITTERS? Roby Bowe, Luke Holzheimer, are the guys that run the business, the hunts they provide are in the BOB MARSHALL, I will be going for archery elk/deer combo.

Will_m

WKR
Never heard of them, but there are definitely much better places to pay for a hunt than the bob.

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
You still won't regret it. May be a tough hunt but its pretty remarkable country and certainly one of the more remote areas in the lower 48.
That's what I keep hearing. That's the biggest reason I'm going to fallow threw with the hunt. and maybe ill get into some animals, will see.

sneaky

"DADDY"
iv recently found that out, unfortunately its to late for me to back out on the hunt.
This is the type of research that is best done before the deposit is placed on a hunt. Big country, wild as it gets. A bucket list hunt if only for the scenery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
You'll see animals, just don't expect large numbers. Have a wolf tag, and I would have a black bear tag if it's an earlier hunt.

It's beautiful country, and there are animals there. I don't know the outfit that you are going with.

Have a great hunt.

Jeremy

Game animal density is low, but the hunter and grizzly densities are increasing. Neat country though, so enjoy the views and time in the backcountry. Report back when completed, and good luck!

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
This is the type of research that is best done before the deposit is placed on a hunt. Big country, wild as it gets. A bucket list hunt if only for the scenery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
True. I was planning to hunt with broken arrow outfitters in a deferent place butt they went out of business and neglected to let me know in time.

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
You'll see animals, just don't expect large numbers. Have a wolf tag, and I would have a black bear tag if it's an earlier hunt.

It's beautiful country, and there are animals there. I don't know the outfit that you are going with.

Have a great hunt.

Jeremy
Good advise, I'm looking forward to it, should be a great opportunity to learn and gain some knowledge.

My brother and I are going on early season bucket list rifle hunt in the Bob in September. We are hunting with Montana Safaris. Packing in on horses 20 miles to base camp and riding out from there every morning. We have the elk/deer combo tags and I bought a black bear tag as well.

Good luck!

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
My brother and I are going on early season bucket list rifle hunt in the Bob in September. We are hunting with Montana Safaris. Packing in on horses 20 miles to base camp and riding out from there every morning. We have the elk/deer combo tags and I bought a black bear tag as well.

Good luck!
Sounds exactly like what I'm doing except I'm doing archery. Good luck to you!! maybe ill se you on the trail.

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted the Bob with Montana safaris probably over a decade ago. Saw wolf, black bear, grizzly, elk and deer. I passed on a spike and never got another chance at elk. There was a nasty flu in camp and ended up hunting the last half sick as a dog. Awesome scenery but I wouldn’t do it again. Too expensive if you want to actually take home an elk IMO.

OP
HUNT.HARD.82
I hunted the Bob with Montana safaris probably over a decade ago. Saw wolf, black bear, grizzly, elk and deer. I passed on a spike and never got another chance at elk. There was a nasty flu in camp and ended up hunting the last half sick as a dog. Awesome scenery but I wouldn’t do it again. Too expensive if you want to actually take home an elk IMO.
I'm pretty much using this opportunity to learn from the guide. That sucks you all got sick and didn't bring home meat. I'm going to be hunting with just one guide and no other people at camp. You mind me asking what part of the bob you guys were in?

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty much using this opportunity to learn from the guide. That sucks you all got sick and didn't bring home meat. I'm going to be hunting with just one guide and no other people at camp. You mind me asking what part of the bob you guys were in?
If you are hunting with one guide and just you, you will have a better chance at an animal. My only complaint with Montana Safaris is that there were way too many hunters that year which made it competitive to kill an animal. There were three wall tents and fifteen ish people. If your guide is a good hunter and knows the country/elk you could have a phenomenal hunt. I’m jealous!

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
If you are hunting with one guide and just you, you will have a better chance at an animal. My only complaint with Montana Safaris is that there were way too many hunters that year which made it competitive to kill an animal. There were three wall tents and fifteen ish people. If your guide is a good hunter and knows the country/elk you could have a phenomenal hunt. I’m jealous!
Oh I forgot to answer your question, I don’t know which part of the Bob we were in. I just remember there was a gigantic bull screaming at me with his harem and he was across the Flat Head river which was to dangerous for us to cross. It was very frustrating lol.