montana black gold ascent single pin

OP
J

Jordan guyer

Lil-Rokslider
I like the single pin idea for the sight picture and not having pin clutter. you guys with the multi-pin can you dial your pin from 20 yards to 23 yards or is that just fixed at 20

Depends entirely how you set it up. You can set your sight tape to work with your 20 yard pin so you have every yard beyond 20 yards, or you can set it for the last pin, which gives you more yardage and is quicker to adjust in a hunting situation.

If you're looking for strictly a 3D sight, go single pin. If you're thinking Western hunting sight, I recommend multiple pins because things can change quickly. I use a 3-pin slider year round, setting my tapes at 20+ during leagues, and switching to my bottom pin as the slider for hunting season. 3 pins is pretty minimal in the sight picture, and for elk this year I had my pins set for 30, 40, and 50, with my tape set for 50+. I tried the 7DP, and that was too much clutter.

Maxhunter

WKR
I've used a single for the past 7 seasons. I currently use HHA single pin. I just ordered a single pin ascent for my G3 Element. I wish I would have switched years ago.

It's never cost me animal and I live out west. The key is set it at either 30-35 and just aim hi or low. If you practice with it it comes pretty natural. Anything over 40 you'll usually have plenty of time to range.

Is a single pin for everyone no. In my experience most who don't prefer a single pin don't give it enough time. My archery shop when I first starting using one said I I I wouldn't like it. They all now shoot one and sell a lot of them

Most of my friends use an ascent and have had great success. There built like a tank and good choice IMO! I don't think you'll regret switching to a single pin.

supercub

FNG
Do you prefer the larger 2" diameter sight aperture that they offer or the standard 1.75" dia?