Montana Black Gold - Sight Tape Question

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. I picked up a Prime CT3 this past winter and a MBG Ascent Verdict 5-pin. I’ve been slammed at work recently and finally got a chance to put it through the chrono. I have never used a chrono, as this is my first slider sight, so I'm new to the game. My first 5 shots were as follows: 265, 270, 272, 273 and 263. Each shot with the same arrow. If it were you, what sight tape would you use? - the average between the 5 shots comes out to 268. Or would you try to find a different chrono to use first? Been shooting recurve the past few years and used a fixed sight before that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also - if anybody has any pointers on setting up and sighting in an Ascent Verdict I would be very grateful.

Gorp2007

WKR
I'd use a blank tape and go out and sight in for 20 and 60 (or as far as you can reliably shoot) and make pencil marks to track your slider location and use the tape that matches the pencil marks.

ZDR

WKR
Yes, the tapes are not even close. Use the methods described above (blank piece of masking tape and pencil marks). I did mine from 20 - 70 and then selected the right sight tape that matched my pencil marks. The tape was for 297fps. My bow chronos about 280...

OP
coloyooper
Thanks fellas I’ll give it a shot and see where it comes out

Medusa7MM

WKR
My advice, do not use the sight tapes based on your arrow speed, they will not work. Sight in your pins, then make marks with your floater pin, then line them up to all the sight tapes until you find one that's closest.

Nick nailed it. I used this method as well with my BG sight and have had good results.

JNDEER

WKR
Steve from S and S archery did a good YouTube clip on how to measure for which tape to use