Montana (Blackfeet Nation) elk down

Was blessed with a great bull on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation yesterday. Couldn’t be happier with possibly my biggest bull to date. 531yd with my new Christensen Arms Traverse in a 28 Nosler.
1e483b78e86d18f08378ef9a4292b2c5.jpg

9e4d2e03ebe55ef6ce7e925effeed59b.jpg

9410d19e5437f46150875f9d7344e815.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
That is an absolutely beautiful bull! That country holds some dandy bulls for sure. I grew up hunting just a few miles south of the Blackfeet reservation. All of that country will always hold a special place in my heart Congratulations!

OP
jordanrw23
That is an absolutely beautiful bull! That country holds some dandy bulls for sure. I grew up hunting just a few miles south of the Blackfeet reservation. All of that country will always hold a special place in my heart Congratulations!

It’s a great area! I love that whole part of the world. I’ve taken some bucks in the last few years from 207” to 160”. Literally 500 yards or less from where I harvested this bull.

I was up in that country hunting the Bob in September. It is absolutely spectacular and I was fortunate to shoot a very nice bull.

If you don't mind my asking, do you hunt as a member of the Blackfeet nation or as non-member? I may be interested in a hunt up there but would be NR and non-member. If the success rates that some of the licensed outfitters are legitimate, it would be worth it. Your bull certainly speaks volumes... :)

OP
jordanrw23
I was up in that country hunting the Bob in September. It is absolutely spectacular and I was fortunate to shoot a very nice bull.

If you don't mind my asking, do you hunt as a member of the Blackfeet nation or as non-member? I may be interested in a hunt up there but would be NR and non-member. If the success rates that some of the licensed outfitters are legitimate, it would be worth it. Your bull certainly speaks volumes... :)

As a member. My family owns an outfitting business on the reservation as well

Runwolfoutdoors.com

We’re licensed. More info at blackfeetfishandwildlife.net