Montana Bonus Points

Hi everybody,

Just moved up to MT to get a PhD at U of M. Really excited for the hunting opportunities I may have in the next 4-5 years. I have one question regarding bonus points. I haven’t hunted antelope ever given I’ve been in NM and not able to draw a tag for 14 years. I’d like to purchase a bonus point before the end of the purchase period, but I want to make sure that those bonus points stay with you when your residency status changes? I won’t be a resident till probably March at this point by rule. Thanks for any help.

Axlrod

WKR
I'm pretty sure the res. and NR bonus/pref. point systems are different. As a res. your chances of drawing are better. NR's can only get a max of 10% of the tags in a specific district.

johnsd16

WKR
The points are the same so far as I know. For "preference points" there are none for R so that is different. For pronghorn though it is all bonus points for R and NR. That's an easy question for MFWP if you call and ask.

"If I buy a pronghorn BP now, will it transfer when I become a resident". Also keep in mind there are separate BP for pronghorn and pronghorn "B" (doe) tags.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
Your points will stay with you no matter your status when purchased. Everything I accrued as a non resident stayed the same when I moved back up here. I think the only way to lose them is to not purchase a bonus point within a 3 or 5 year period, one of them.