Montana Bow Sling opinions

rclouse79

WKR
I rigged up something similar to the Montana bow sling last archery season and thought it was freaking awesome until I realized my pant leg had been rubbing on my string which frayed the heck out of it. I am still thinking about ordering a Montana bow sling, just to have a convenient place off the ground for my bow when glassing. I was wondering if people used it to hold their bow while moving around and if any string wear resulted? I saw the Primos bow sling was a popular option to protect the string and cables, but I liked the idea of quick access and light weight. Thanks for sharing any experiences.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the Montana bow sling for the past 2-3 years and have not observed any wear on my bow string. I use the sling if I'm covering ground while not expecting to see game (although I could easily access my bow if something did pop up). It's also nice to not have to put my bow down when glassing or calling. It is very adjustable so you can make it so your bow rides such that your string won't rub.

I have used it a couple of years. When walking I usually still have my left hand on my bow to some degree, but it prevents me from having to actually carry the weight with my arm. The way I have the rear support coming off my pack, I think it holds the bow string off my thigh for the most part, but in stabilizing it with my hand I can make sure there's no contact. I tend to lean it in a little, that helps to also keep the string away.

I haven't noticed any problems.

While walking, I usually have my hand on the bow so I can keep control of it and wiggle through brush. Never had any type of damage.

I also have mine setup in a way that I can pull it in front of my chest and rest my binoculars on the cam if I am doing short glassing while standing. It is super stable.

2 years having it. What all above already commented. I like how it keeps the bow ready at the side while having hands free. Have not noticed any string wear. I gave it a try because it was a locally made USA business, and glad I did.

Jbxl20

WKR
I used the Montana bow sling last year for the first time and loved it. I did notice some string fray depending on where I had the sling. I feel high and tight is better. But I bought the kuiu protector for this season.

Jbxl20

WKR

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I used the Montana bow sling last year for the first time and loved it. I did notice some string fray depending on where I had the sling. I feel high and tight is better. But I bought the kuiu protector for this season.
I could see a light weight string cover being nice for a little extra protection when covering ground in non hunting situations.