Montana Bow Slings

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I live in the Bozeman area where the slings are made so I messaged Josh last Saturday while out hunting and he got back to me right away letting me know where in my area carried the Montana Bow Sling in stores. I picked it up that afternoon and was hunting with it Sunday. It worked awesome. It took me a few tries to figure out where I wanted to hook the straps on my pack, but once I got it dialed in I loved it. I can carry my bow hands free and still be able to grab and be able to shoot quickly. It makes hiking so much easier when I don't have to have a bow in my hand, I was amazed at the difference.

I also plan to use the sling when I go rifle hunting. I hate using a shoulder sling and constantly having my rifle fall off my shoulder.

Not only is the sling awesome, the customer service was even better. Josh offered more than once to meet up with me and help me get everything set up if I needed it. I could hardly get the people in the bow shop to acknowledge my presence so Josh's offers to help were greatly appreciated. The sling is very easy to use so I was able to figure it out, but it was nice to know I had help if I needed it.
Hey thanks for reaching out and thanks even more for the great review, it really means alot. Customer service is something that I take very seriously, I try to be as available and helpful as I can. I would have loved to have sold one in person to you but I am still extremely grateful that you bought one, means alot. Let me know if you ever have any issues with it, I'll take care of it. Good luck this season!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Short test:
I'm at early season deer camp and I've decided to use my bicycle to get to a stand. It's a mountain bike but with drop bars and I strapped my compound to the bars and brake hoods. It worked but the weight on the bars was not very stable riding on rough trails. One of the other hunters handed me his Montana Bow Sling and suggested I give it a try.

I shortened the straps, swung the bow around on my back and it rode great and the bike is easier to handle. I plan on ordering one soon. I like how I can also attach it to my elk pack. I'm a fan of uncomplicated gear and this is a very simple solution to multiple bow carrying situations.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey thanks alot for the nice review, means alot! I've done the same thing while riding my bike in, seems to work pretty well in my opinion to. Make sure that if and when you do order to enter ROK15 at chechout, that will save you a few bucks. How does your friend like the sling?

LostArra

WKR
He originally got it for elk hunting and likes it a lot. He uses it here when he has other stuff to carry by hand or when dragging a deer out. He's like me and not into strapping his bow to a pack.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely, thanks for the great review buddy!! I love hearing that guys are using it in multiple ways! If you have any questions about the sling, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck this season!

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey I gave you the wrong discount code, its ROK, sorry about that

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the sling during my archery hunt last month. I had been playing with different attachment points during my training hikes and couldn’t find the sweet spot. On the first day of the hunt, I finally found it, and used it with great pleasure for the rest of the trip. It was quite nice having it on a sling but also being able to maneuver the bow when going through brush...or tripping and falling lol. My friends were quite jealous.

I have the hook attachments so my next project is going to be finding some way to rig it up to carry my rifle for deer season.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey thanks alot for taking the time to comment on my product, thats pretty cool!! How did you have it set up? I'm very curious. Just an FYI I'm planning on putting the gun attachment on my website soon, just have to dial in a couple more things.

Hey thanks alot for taking the time to comment on my product, thats pretty cool!! How did you have it set up? I'm very curious. Just an FYI I'm planning on putting the gun attachment on my website soon, just have to dial in a couple more things.

Instead of running it through the load lifter buckle, I wrapped it around the strap. That just worked better for me comfort-wise for some reason, and made for less clutter when tightening the lifters. The back hook was attached around the lid strap. It also worked around the top compression strap.

DD14FCEE-ABD0-4FD4-AA2A-22C192CB64C8.jpeg55AFCD7F-635F-4C9E-81F8-6063F6B0A6F4.jpeg

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I have actually been using mine in a similar way, its just more comfortable for me.

I just ordered the Gun Shoe just in time for rifle season. I was using the hook behind the trigger guard during antelope season so this will be great upgrade.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. Thanks!

I presume if you had a decent bino harness (alaskan guide) or something with some beefy straps you could probably run it on that. Might nee to do some custom fitting though?

I love my sling, I didn't get out with it this fall due to work commitments, but i did do a lot of hiking/backpacking with all my gear to get use to it and I must say it took me awhile to figure out what worked best for me. Once i got that dialled it was great. Highly recommend.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, you can attach to an AGC with a little creativity. Ive had mine set up on my FHF harness and I know a couple other guys have done that as well and seem to like it. Thanks for taking the time to reach out and comment on here about my sling, it really means alot and Im very glad to hear that you like it. I just came out with a rifle sling to, its called the Slik Sling, its attached to the pack as well. If you have any questions about it let me know. Thanks again and good luck hunting!