Montana Bow Slings

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all, my name is Josh Susic and I am the designer of the Montana Bow Sling. The is designed to be attached directly to your hunting pack, this could be through the existing buckles, d-rings, around webbing, to the webbing handle, shoulder straps or anywhere else you may like. I encourage hunters to think out of the box and always look for new way to configure it, show me a new way. This is not a sling that protects the cams or the sting so if that is what your looking for this might not be the best option for you. Each sling has two sides, a left and a right. Each side has the upper harness that attaches to the pack, a middle connector and a lower section that comes with a riser hook and a quick release. Having the riser hooks and the quick release allows the hunter to build the sling however works best for them. I have alot of friends that like the riser hook in the back and the quick release up front, it all comes down to personal preference. The middle connector has a side release buckle on the top of it, this allows the hunter to quickly release the lower section if needed and place in your pocket or pack if not using, leaving the upper harness attached to the pack. These side release buckles on each side of the sling are also male, female. This means that once you disconnect each lower section from the upper harness they can be clipped together to make a standard sling. The total weight of the sling is approximately 8 ounces and is made out of military grade nylon webbing and quality plastic hardware. It can be attached to most packs in one way or another and will carry most bows. If you already have one of my slings I would love to hear your feedback, good or bad, all feedback is welcome. Thanks for your time and if anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 20180909_075651.jpg
    20180909_075651.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 20180915_073703.jpg
    20180915_073703.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 315
Thanks for sponsoring. A lot better than coming on here and just asking about your product to drum up interest.

It doesn't fit the style of sling that I like, I prefer for my strings and cables to be covered. Just giving you that feedback. But looks like a good product.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, and I like it a lot. I use it as pictured in the first photo, and it is quick to take off the sling when needed for a quick opportunity. I think it’s a great option for elk hunting where you are covering lots of ground. Great design.

bat-cave

WKR
I have one and am very happy with it. For covering long distances when I'm not anticipating a need to retrieve my bow quickly, I still strap my bow to my pack. But when covering ground and looking to give my grip/arms a break from constantly holding the bow, but still wanting quick access it's great. In my eyes it's a different purpose than the typical bow sling that covers the cables.

You just need to tuck the "hooks" away when not in use as they have an amazing ability to hook every passing branch / tree otherwise! :)

My .02

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sponsoring. A lot better than coming on here and just asking about your product to drum up interest.

It doesn't fit the style of sling that I like, I prefer for my strings and cables to be covered. Just giving you that feedback. But looks like a good product.
Hey thanks for sharing. Its definitely not for everyone and thats perfectly fine, I dont want anyone to think that Im pushing it on them. Seriously thanks for the feedback and good luck hunting this season!

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I have one and am very happy with it. For covering long distances when I'm not anticipating a need to retrieve my bow quickly, I still strap my bow to my pack. But when covering ground and looking to give my grip/arms a break from constantly holding the bow, but still wanting quick access it's great. In my eyes it's a different purpose than the typical bow sling that covers the cables.

You just need to tuck the "hooks" away when not in use as they have an amazing ability to hook every passing branch / tree otherwise! :)

My .02
Thanks for the feedback! I have had the same thing happen to me with the hooks, they like to grab things so I do the same thing, tuck them under my waist belt or hook them back to a strap. When covering some serious ground and hunting I will strap it to my pack as well, but when its go time the bow is always in the sling.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, and I like it a lot. I use it as pictured in the first photo, and it is quick to take off the sling when needed for a quick opportunity. I think it’s a great option for elk hunting where you are covering lots of ground. Great design.
Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. Super glad that you are getting some good use out of it, means alot. If you or any of the other guys on here have any fields pics of my sling in action I would love to see them. Thanks for the support and good luck this season!

Curoso

FNG
I’m on a couple different sites and have heard people talk about how much they love this sling. I’ll be getting one here soon but I just got into archery this year and my wife will straight murder me if I buy one more thing before I bring home some meat this year. I look forward to giving this a try.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I’m on a couple different sites and have heard people talk about how much they love this sling. I’ll be getting one here soon but I just got into archery this year and my wife will straight murder me if I buy one more thing before I bring home some meat this year. I look forward to giving this a try.
Thanks man, there is a 15% off code that I am offering to rokslide members, just enter ROK at checkout to redeem. This is the time of year that my wife rolls her eyes at me because of new hunting purchases, I can relate:) Thanks for posting and if you do get one of my slings I really hope you like it! Good luck this season and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't like it you can send it back. No pressure though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Just checked it out again. Code makes it an even $48 with shipping. Might need to go ahead and give it a try.
What kind of pack and bow do you have?

What kind of pack and bow do you have?

EXO k2. Have 2000 & 3500 bags. Also use a HPG decker some.

Main bow as of right now is a VXR 31.5, also use a few Bear Kuma's. Several stick bows as well. I think I can get the sling to work with my Black Widow as well.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
EXO k2. Have 2000 & 3500 bags. Also use a HPG decker some.

Main bow as of right now is a VXR 31.5, also use a few Bear Kuma's. Several stick bows as well. I think I can get the sling to work with my Black Widow as well.
Exo and HPG put together a quality packs.

It will work with the black window. I've been thinking about an option that would accommodate a recurve or long bow better. If you end up purchasing ill just send you one to try. It would basically be a lower section that would attach to the middle connector.

bsnedeker

WKR
Hi all, my name is Josh Susic and I am the designer of the Montana Bow Sling. The is designed to be attached directly to your hunting pack, this could be through the existing buckles, d-rings, around webbing, to the webbing handle, shoulder straps or anywhere else you may like. I encourage hunters to think out of the box and always look for new way to configure it, show me a new way. This is not a sling that protects the cams or the sting so if that is what your looking for this might not be the best option for you. Each sling has two sides, a left and a right. Each side has the upper harness that attaches to the pack, a middle connector and a lower section that comes with a riser hook and a quick release. Having the riser hooks and the quick release allows the hunter to build the sling however works best for them. I have alot of friends that like the riser hook in the back and the quick release up front, it all comes down to personal preference. The middle connector has a side release buckle on the top of it, this allows the hunter to quickly release the lower section if needed and place in your pocket or pack if not using, leaving the upper harness attached to the pack. These side release buckles on each side of the sling are also male, female. This means that once you disconnect each lower section from the upper harness they can be clipped together to make a standard sling. The total weight of the sling is approximately 8 ounces and is made out of military grade nylon webbing and quality plastic hardware. It can be attached to most packs in one way or another and will carry most bows. If you already have one of my slings I would love to hear your feedback, good or bad, all feedback is welcome. Thanks for your time and if anyone has any questions please dont hesitate to ask. Thanks for your time.

Hey Josh, quick question: Does the sling come with the new quick detach system, or do I need to order it separately? Looking at the website it isn't clear to me if the quick detach (lower portion only) SKU is for people ordering new, or people wanting to upgrade one they previously bought before you created it.

Thanks!

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Yes the quick release does come with each sling. I need to do a better job on my site of explaining that, sorry for the confusion. Originally I did sell it separately for guys that already had the hooks and may want to try something different.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just had a chance to use this on a week long elk hunt. I have a love/hate relationship with slings but plan to do a full review on this one!