Montana Bow Slings

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah Billy Goat, Thanks for the pics on the k3. I’ve been looking at the sling and pack trying to figure out how I wanted to mount it.
I would be happy to answer or help with any questions you may have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah Billy Goat, Thanks for the pics on the k3. I’ve been looking at the sling and pack trying to figure out how I wanted to mount it. 👍

It works pretty well with it. Those were pics I had meant to send out a while ago. I can get better ones. I have it mounted relatively low on the shoulder strap, and the rear one fits about perfect in the buckle loop.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the great product!

Hopefully it's still keeping you somewhat busy. Here in the next few months guys will be trying to dial in their "kit" or "rig" and maybe you can move a few more.

I just like having something to get the weight off my chicken arms and onto my pack, while keeping it accessible.
My thoughts exactly, those bows get heavy and my little arms get worn out. Thanks so much for the support buddy, hopefully I can keep selling these things!

Hey all, looking for any sort of feedback, reviews on my Montana Bow Slings. Good, bad or ugly I look forward to them all. Also with bow season fast approaching, remember that I offer a discount to all rok slide members, simply enter ROK at check to redeem. This also applys to my rifle Slik Sling. Thanks in advance and if you would like to check them out go to www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com.

I really like your bow sling! Not sure if i have any negative feedback to give

Jbxl20

WKR
We showed up to TAC Saturday and last minute decided to shoot the leupold course. We grabbed are bows and a few arrows and hit the course in a rush. I didn’t have my pack and carried my bow from target to target. It was the end of the day and we flew through the course quickly. On Sunday It took us over 5 hours to complete the nock on course. The Montana bow sling worked awesome!! I had a little bit of an issue figuring out how/where I wanted to mount it on my EXO. I bought it used realized it was missing two of the tri glides. I ended up mounting the front hook on my left load lifter strap on the shoulder and the rear hook on the Frame. I could easily get the bow on the hooks while I was walking to the next target. It was great being hands free while waiting I n line to shoot with the bow comfortably hanging on my side. It was a little tricky getting the bow off quickly but I started getting the hang of it by the end of the course. The trail on the course was pretty tight with brush and trees but I didn’t have any issues with hooks snagging. 2 times the hooks did get caught on my pack while I was trying to grab them to mount the bow, but I found that as long as I mount the rear hook first then the front hook it was fine. Good product👍. I’m going to look into getting some more tri glides and buckles and try to mount it to my marsupial harness for local courses that I don’t need to carry my EXO.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
We showed up to TAC Saturday and last minute decided to shoot the leupold course. We grabbed are bows and a few arrows and hit the course in a rush. I didn’t have my pack and carried my bow from target to target. It was the end of the day and we flew through the course quickly. On Sunday It took us over 5 hours to complete the nock on course. The Montana bow sling worked awesome!! I had a little bit of an issue figuring out how/where I wanted to mount it on my EXO. I bought it used realized it was missing two of the tri glides. I ended up mounting the front hook on my left load lifter strap on the shoulder and the rear hook on the Frame. I could easily get the bow on the hooks while I was walking to the next target. It was great being hands free while waiting I n line to shoot with the bow comfortably hanging on my side. It was a little tricky getting the bow off quickly but I started getting the hang of it by the end of the course. The trail on the course was pretty tight with brush and trees but I didn’t have any issues with hooks snagging. 2 times the hooks did get caught on my pack while I was trying to grab them to mount the bow, but I found that as long as I mount the rear hook first then the front hook it was fine. Good product. I’m going to look into getting some more tri glides and buckles and try to mount it to my marsupial harness for local courses that I don’t need to carry my EXO.
Hey man, thanks for taking the time to comment on my sling, very well done! I'm impressed how in depth you went describing the pros and cons of the sling. Pm me your address and I will send you some tri glides. Thanks man and good luck this season!

Jbxl20

WKR
👍 I never felt like I needed to sit my bow on the ground. The frame of my pack held the weight. I really like how I could get my bow on and off the hooks with out looking while I was walking.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I never felt like I needed to sit my bow on the ground. The frame of my pack held the weight. I really like how I could get my bow on and off the hooks with out looking while I was walking.
It carries the bow pretty good when you get it set up to fit your needs. If you ever have any issues with it please let me know, I'll take care of it. Thanks and I hope you have a successful season!

WCB

WKR
Any plan on incorporating something that covers the strings and cables? I have another brand that covers them and wouldn't use one that didn't. just carrying my bow for around especially in tall grass and brush have noticed considerable wear/fraying of the strings.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Any plan on incorporating something that covers the strings and cables? I have another brand that covers them and wouldn't use one that didn't. just carrying my bow for around especially in tall grass and brush have noticed considerable wear/fraying of the strings.
Probably not in the near future. At some point I probably will but I need to spend considerable more time figuring out a design. Thanks for asking!

Cstie

FNG
Hey all, looking for any sort of feedback, reviews on my Montana Bow Slings. Good, bad or ugly I look forward to them all. Also with bow season fast approaching, remember that I offer a discount to all rok slide members, simply enter ROK at check to redeem. This also applys to my rifle Slik Sling. Thanks in advance and if you would like to check them out go to www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com.

Very interested in this sling if anyone has more info on them let me know.

KyleR1985

WKR

I just take the strap off of my sitka sling. It covers strings and cams. But to be honest I really only use it in the dark, when it's more likely I could damage them. Having the bow in front of you makes a big difference in that regard. But it's easy enough to use your existing sling, just remove the strap, and use the Montana hooks. Simple.

wseidel

WKR
I use the Solo Huntr bow sling (minus the shoulder strap) with my Montana Bow Sling (using the hooks). This system works well for hiking, provides quick on and off access....all while protecting my strings and cams. I'm right handed and carry it on my left side. One of the most comfortable ways to carry it is with my hand on the bow grip. I can easily maneuver it around obstacles and it is always in the "ready" position. I am still processing at what point in the hunt I remove the Solo Huntr protective sling - likely at daybreak, when we set-up to call, etc. - but, regardless, it comes off quickly and silently. Hope my experience helps.

LostArra

WKR
I used a borrowed Montana Bow sling not attached to a pack to carry my bow on a bicycle that I had to use on a property that the rancher didn't want any vehicles. Worked great.

After that I bought one and continued to use it on the bike and while practicing but never gave it much time on my pack. Recently I decided to devote some time fitting it to my pack and I'm really liking it as I get it dialed in. It takes some trial and error. Billy Goat's photos helped me but each person will adjust it differently. It's not as simple as a basic Primos neoprene sling but I refuse to put one more strap around my neck. Pack and bino harness is enough.

I like the way it puts the weight on the pack frame and not your body. It's simple and quiet to remove the bow without looking at it and you don't drop or store anything once you are ready to shoot. It's completely out of your way for shooting with your pack on. Glassing is a breeze also.

If you're in the market for a sling don't hesitate to give this one a try but spend some time getting it dialed in.

Has anyone used their Slik Sling for rifles? I've got a good friend rifle hunter who has been thru a bunch of slings.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I used a borrowed Montana Bow sling not attached to a pack to carry my bow on a bicycle that I had to use on a property that the rancher didn't want any vehicles. Worked great.

After that I bought one and continued to use it on the bike and while practicing but never gave it much time on my pack. Recently I decided to devote some time fitting it to my pack and I'm really liking it as I get it dialed in. It takes some trial and error. Billy Goat's photos helped me but each person will adjust it differently. It's not as simple as a basic Primos neoprene sling but I refuse to put one more strap around my neck. Pack and bino harness is enough.

I like the way it puts the weight on the pack frame and not your body. It's simple and quiet to remove the bow without looking at it and you don't drop or store anything once you are ready to shoot. It's completely out of your way for shooting with your pack on. Glassing is a breeze also.

If you're in the market for a sling don't hesitate to give this one a try but spend some time getting it dialed in.

Has anyone used their Slik Sling for rifles? I've got a good friend rifle hunter who has been thru a bunch of slings.
Thanks for the awesome feedback man, really means alot. Glad you are liking the sling so far. Good luck this season!

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Great service, I had some confusion on my order and Jsusic more then made up for it. Thank you Josh.
Terry
Very quickly and no questions asked!!!