Montana Bow Slings

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, looking for any sort of feedback, reviews on my Montana Bow Slings. Good, bad or ugly I look forward to them all. Also with bow season fast approaching, remember that I offer a discount to all rok slide members, simply enter ROK at check to redeem. This also applys to my rifle Slik Sling. Thanks in advance and if you would like to check them out go to www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jbxl20

WKR
I like the concept. I just picked one up second hand. Will be mounting it on my EXO k3 and trying it out at TAC beginning of June. 👍

Last edited:
OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I like the concept. I just picked on up second hand. Will be mounting it on my EXO k3 and trying it out at TAC beginning of June.
Great, let me know what you think and if you have any issues with it or need help setting it up. What TAC are you gong to?

The Montana Bow Sling is the cat’s meow. Let my friend try it last year and he loved it too. Hunting while hiking with a pack on? ...you need this product! Customizable to the way you want to carry your bow, transfers all the weight of your bow to your pack practically eliminating arm fatigue, your bow is instantly accessible... Can’t say enough good things about this product! Thanks for bringing this to market.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
The Montana Bow Sling is the cat’s meow. Let my friend try it last year and he loved it too. Hunting while hiking with a pack on? ...you need this product! Customizable to the way you want to carry your bow, transfers all the weight of your bow to your pack practically eliminating arm fatigue, your bow is instantly accessible... Can’t say enough good things about this product! Thanks for bringing this to market.
Thanks man, glad to hear that its working out for ya. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment, means alot. Let me know if you ever have any issues with it. Thanks and good luck this season!

mlgc20

WKR
Hey all, looking for any sort of feedback, reviews on my Montana Bow Slings. Good, bad or ugly I look forward to them all. Also with bow season fast approaching, remember that I offer a discount to all rok slide members, simply enter ROK at check to redeem. This also applys to my rifle Slik Sling. Thanks in advance and if you would like to check them out go to www.creativeoutdoorsmt.com.

I used it last year on my EXO K3. Really enjoyed it. I ended up using the two hooks instead of the quick release. Worked great. Much more comfortable than a separate bow sling just riding over your shoulder. Will be taking it to Colorado again this year.

I bought one last year and it works great. Owner was quick to answer questions and is local for where we live. I too run the two hook set up on my SG. It’s nice being able to have the compound off to the side with weight going on the pack to distribute. It’s a slick design and glad he made it.
It really shines when needing the bow quick while hiking. No more having to sneak off pack and un strap bow from bag.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I used it last year on my EXO K3. Really enjoyed it. I ended up using the two hooks instead of the quick release. Worked great. Much more comfortable than a separate bow sling just riding over your shoulder. Will be taking it to Colorado again this year.
Thank you for commenting, I like to use a combination of both the quick release and hooks at times. Let me know if you ever have any problems with it.

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one last year and it works great. Owner was quick to answer questions and is local for where we live. I too run the two hook set up on my SG. It’s nice being able to have the compound off to the side with weight going on the pack to distribute. It’s a slick design and glad he made it.
It really shines when needing the bow quick while hiking. No more having to sneak off pack and un strap bow from bag.
I appreciate you taking the time to talk about my product. Let me know if you ever have any issues, problems with it. Good luck this season

As I’ve shared before, I used it for a week I Colorado and loved it. I experimented while training with this as well as two different types of belt attachments (one that grabbed the bow grip and one that you hung the bow by the string).

The Montana Bow Sling was definitely my favorite. It proved super handy when busting brush because I could still maneuver the bow around to get through the thick stuff while it was attached. Any other carrying device would require unhooking and putting back on each time. I could also raise my bow to use the cams to stabilize binoculars while it was still connected.

It did take me several different positions to find a comfortable fit for the sling on my K2. I really didn’t like attaching it to the load lifter tabs. That really pulled down on my shoulders. I ended up connecting it to a couple straps on the upper side of the pack and that was the sweet spot for comfort and reach.

I use one with a k3 pack. I like it. I let it ride relatively low withe the bow biased a little forward. Have the rear hook back at the limb pocket with the front hook close to the sight. Keeps it handy while not wearing your arms out holding it. Transfers the weight to the pack and I can just stabilize the bow with my hand if I need to while moving.

A bonus I found was using just the front hook while rifle hunting. I could support part of the weight of the rifle off of my shoulder strap on my pack, while keeping the gun infront of me, makes it easier than pulling it down off your shoulder if you are in a situation to take a quick shot.

These are the attachment points I settled on for my k3 4800.

IMG_20200901_150737285.jpgIMG_20200901_150731465.jpg

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
As I’ve shared before, I used it for a week I Colorado and loved it. I experimented while training with this as well as two different types of belt attachments (one that grabbed the bow grip and one that you hung the bow by the string).

The Montana Bow Sling was definitely my favorite. It proved super handy when busting brush because I could still maneuver the bow around to get through the thick stuff while it was attached. Any other carrying device would require unhooking and putting back on each time. I could also raise my bow to use the cams to stabilize binoculars while it was still connected.

It did take me several different positions to find a comfortable fit for the sling on my K2. I really didn’t like attaching it to the load lifter tabs. That really pulled down on my shoulders. I ended up connecting it to a couple straps on the upper side of the pack and that was the sweet spot for comfort and reach.
Sometimes it takes a little adjustment to get the right fit for the individual, glad that you found a comfortable setup!

OP
J

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I use one with a k3 pack. I like it. I let it ride relatively low withe the bow biased a little forward. Have the rear hook back at the limb pocket with the front hook close to the sight. Keeps it handy while not wearing your arms out holding it. Transfers the weight to the pack and I can just stabilize the bow with my hand if I need to while moving.

A bonus I found was using just the front hook while rifle hunting. I could support part of the weight of the rifle off of my shoulder strap on my pack, while keeping the gun infront of me, makes it easier than pulling it down off your shoulder if you are in a situation to take a quick shot.

These are the attachment points I settled on for my k3 4800.

View attachment 293355View attachment 293356
My Billy Goat, I remember you! Thanks for sharing the pics man, I really like how you have it set up, looks really good man!

Jbxl20

WKR
Yeah Billy Goat, Thanks for the pics on the k3. I’ve been looking at the sling and pack trying to figure out how I wanted to mount it. 👍

My Billy Goat, I remember you! Thanks for sharing the pics man, I really like how you have it set up, looks really good man!

Thanks for the great product!

Hopefully it's still keeping you somewhat busy. Here in the next few months guys will be trying to dial in their "kit" or "rig" and maybe you can move a few more.

I just like having something to get the weight off my chicken arms and onto my pack, while keeping it accessible.