Montana Canvas Range Tent

This is a pretty interesting thread and I'm characteristically late to the party. mmac - did you ever make any decisions. From kicking around wall tent ideas to accommodate hunting situations with my Dad, I was always thinking canvased, raftered wall tent, but this is a pretty viable option.

For what it's worth, I've hunted out of a Cabelas Alagnak 12x12. It's relite so it doesn't breath exceptionally well, but it held up snow loads, had a stove jack, and could also be used with a Mr. Buddy heater.

I would like to have a look at the Snowtrekker tents....seem like a good tradeoff of weight/strength/heat....

OP
M

mmac

WKR
Yes, I did end up going with the Springbar. I got the 10X14 Classic Jack so I can add the hot tent option when they are in stock. I have had it camping for two weekends and really happy with it. I set it up by myself and take down in 20 mins. It is quiet and spacious for the family of four on air matress and two labs. Will be tight with more than 3 and the stove though. That may have me go for a little buddy for heat for shorter trips. I like the extra options , but haven't gone for them yet like the sides for the front awning etc. I couldn't be happier with it and it is a huge step up from the nylon I have always used.