Montana combo leftovers/alternate list

Bughalli

WKR
Alternate tags are now available. I was #75 of 1,500 on the combo elk tag alternate list and just purchased my tag. I didn't get an email, but figured I would check the site today and it was available for purchase.

I'm still 500 and something away from my elk tag so I guess around 100 and something leftovers have been issued Montana is on fire anyway so I'll wait till next year

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Got my NR combination elk tag too! I'm so freakin' stoked!!! Now I need to figure out where the hell to find some nice bulls. Where’s the sub-forum that shows all the nice bulls tied up for us NR's??? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
Got my NR combination elk tag too! I'm so freakin' stoked!!! Now I need to figure out where the hell to find some nice bulls. Where the sub-forum that shows all the nice bulls tied up for us NR's??? :ROFLMAO:
Haven't you heard? In every unit in MT there are guys everywhere and as soon as the first shot rings out they all go right to private. The nice bulls just live there year round also unless the wolves have ate them.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking I may need to pull the trigger on an outfitter for this one. Anyone here use one for MT elk? I'm guessing I don't have much of a shot being so late in the year but figured I'd check here.

Last edited:

sammer94

FNG
Anyone have an updates on their list/license status? My pops has been at #100 for a few weeks now and we’re headin west on Wednesday… praying he gets his email before we head into the woods

Anyone have an updates on their list/license status? My pops has been at #100 for a few weeks now and we’re headin west on Wednesday… praying he gets his email before we head into the woods
My Father was on the Ek combo list, #39, just for his email last week. They give you 10 days to purchase, might be why it’s moving along slowly (or maybe they always have, just don’t remember)

Might wanna go to fwp site and check his results people bene getting there tag before a email sent

Anyone seeing movement on these lists on the website? Feel like I've been in the same position for the last 15 days?

Bumping this thread up for folks to post any intel on the alternate's list. My buddy is somewhere around #200, hoping he can get a tag in August.