Montana deer unit 704 and 705

swampdog

FNG
I'm taking my son who turns 8 in October with me on what will be his first big Western hunting trip. I'm looking at unit 704 or 705 for deer and I'm hoping to find some places that wont be too strenuous for him but that wont be road hunting either. This will be his first big hunting trip and I'm hoping to make the most of it. The idea is for us to pick an area and hunt it for the next few years to get familiar so we've got it somewhat figured out when he's old enough to get his first MT tag. Ive got the maps and have been cross referencing google earth with OnX and right now I've got my eye on some of the BLM and block management land but am not opposed to the national forest either. We'll be looking for mulies but wouldn't pass up a decent whitetail either. The plan is to try to find a good campsite to set up a wall tent and spend 5 or 6 days there. I plan to talk to some game wardens and biologists too but thought I'd ask around on here as well to see if anyone had any tips or advice on the area.

Thanks in advance and feel free to PM!

johnsd16

WKR
As above. Deer all over. Quality varies by pressure and unique circumstances for that herd. There are lots of hunters and bucks can get picked over badly then a mature one can show up overnight during the rut.

johnsd16

WKR
As above. Deer all over. Quality varies by pressure and unique circumstances for that herd. There are lots of hunters and bucks can get picked over badly then a mature one can show up overnight during the rut