Montana Draw Results Are Out

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I drew, along with my family. I heard that overall apps were way down in MT. How did everyone else do?

Shrek

WKR
Apparently they weren’t down that much because I didn’t draw a combo license. I’ll put in for the alternate list and cross my fingers. I’m really bummed out. I had my hopes up because of the virus but I guess not :(

WMag338

WKR
Somehow I got lucky and drew a combo tag. I thought results weren't going to be till the end of the month.

WMag338

WKR
Actually, mine says i was successful in the "2020 General Big Game Combo (Released)" and unsuccessful in the "2020 General - Big Game Combo". Not sure what that means.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Actually, mine says i was successful in the "2020 General Big Game Combo (Released)" and unsuccessful in the "2020 General - Big Game Combo". Not sure what that means.

Yea whats up with that? I didnt put in this year for the combo but jesus MT system is by far and away the worst government run website.

One friend of mine had a point and didnt draw.

WMag338

WKR
I thought the draw odds for General Big Game Combo with 1 point was like 75%?

WMag338

WKR
Yea whats up with that? I didnt put in this year for the combo but jesus MT system is by far and away the worst government run website.

One friend of mine had a point and didnt draw.
Agreed. The MT system is one of the most confusing out there. I've spent hours on the phone with fish and game trying to understand before applying.

Chad E

WKR
You were unsuccessful in the draw until someone with an unsuccessful permit app that chose to turn their license back in freed up another combo is my understanding of your situation.

bsnedeker

WKR
How do they work the turn in tags ? I thought you signed up for an alternate list later.
That's for people who turn in tags later. When you apply for a tag and a permit you have the option of releasing your tag if you don't also draw the permit. Some guys don't want to hunt the general. So someone else drew a general tag, but didn't get picked for a special permit so they opted out. That tag was released and then you got it in the second round.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I didn't draw a permit for either deer or elk so it's general tag for me again this year! Oh well, I saw lots of elk last year and got a good muley. Can't wait for September!

All y'all complaining about the fwp are free to hunt other states, fyi! I like that our regs scare away the riffraff...lol!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tallfeller454

Lil-Rokslider
So I was successful in general and permit tag. My question is I applied for the permit as a party and the other two guys in the party apps came in as unsuccessful. Does that mean we all drew permit or just myself?