Montana Draw Results Are Out

SHoug07

FNG
First time applying and got big game combo released! Time for doing some research. Anyone looking for a hunt partner I am headed from Washington. Hopefully two weeks in september and up to two in November.

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Our party drew the general deer combo with 1 pt. Super excited! First trip to Montana to hunt Muleys!

Scoot

WKR
Jskaanland, you were exactly right- I transposed a digit in my phone number in my account. Weird I hadn't had an issue until this year with that, but it was my screw up. Thanks for the help and info.

Anyone know how this is changing for 2020?

4e5ca3361469289ab867982578aa4658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I drew the general elk combo too! Pretty excited but I am struggling locating the areas that are acceptable units to hunt with this combo. I've googled it and searched here looking for an answer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WMag338

WKR
I drew the general elk combo too! Pretty excited but I am struggling locating the areas that are acceptable units to hunt with this combo. I've googled it and searched here looking for an answer.

Same here

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Same here
It not in the regs k read it 3 times and googled searched everywhere. Backcountry chronicle has some info regarding units but it does not directly state general units.

bsnedeker

WKR
It not in the regs k read it 3 times and googled searched everywhere. Backcountry chronicle has some info regarding units but it does not directly state general units.

You should look at the regs more carefully. Almost every unit has a general hunt.... very few units you can't hunt on the general.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR

Very first unit listed in the regs... this is what your looking for:
9e6d99e289e76de1e0f0812c30fdb654.jpg

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Very first unit listed in the regs... this is what your looking for:
9e6d99e289e76de1e0f0812c30fdb654.jpg

Definitely not the same one I downloaded from.fish and game. Thanks I will go see if I can find this

bsnedeker

WKR
Definitely not the same one I downloaded from.fish and game. Thanks I will go see if I can find this

Starts on page 46 of the deer elk antelope regs. The only trick is that every unit is different.... some units you can hunt any elk, some are brow tined bull, the more premium units are antlerless only. That's why you aren't finding one place that has a map of where you can hunt on a general tag.

johnsd16

WKR
I would say I’m shocked by the guys who draw tags and then don’t understand where they can/can’t hunt but little shocks me in this regard anymore. Talk about leaping before you look. As stated above, look in the regs and there’s pages of tables that list each unit starting with 100 and going up through the 700 units. It says for each unit what you can hunt with a general deer or general elk license.

SHoug07

FNG
I would say I’m shocked by the guys who draw tags and then don’t understand where they can/can’t hunt but little shocks me in this regard anymore. Talk about leaping before you look. As stated above, look in the regs and there’s pages of tables that list each unit starting with 100 and going up through the 700 units. It says for each unit what you can hunt with a general deer or general elk license.

I drew and have never looked into where to hunt montana... But I agree info is out there to find just have to do the looking.

SHoug07

FNG

If you have onX. Links come up when you click units. They will cover some stats and different regulations.

I drew and have never looked into where to hunt montana... But I agree info is out there to find just have to do the looking.

I have hunted Montana the past two years. I know where to go. Alas they didn’t give me a tag this year so now I sit it out waiting for another opportunity some day. I might have to move there!

SHoug07

FNG
I have hunted Montana the past two years. I know where to go. Alas they didn’t give me a tag this year so now I sit it out waiting for another opportunity some day. I might have to move there!

The move is partly why I want to hunt Montana and Idaho. See more of the states for possible living situations.