Montana Draw Results - Aug 5

Erict

WKR
The draw for 2021 Montana Antelope and Antelope B is August 5.

The deadline for Montana Antelope and Antelope B was June 1. The Montana website states "Drawings will be completed approximately two weeks after the deadlines." One would assume that means about June 15, but it's not. At least the archery "900" draw took place last week.

Montana Licensing told me that the date on the website is wrong and that the date is indeed August 5. Seems like it would be easier to fix the website instead of taking piles of phone calls about this. At least they answer the phone reliably, are friendly and always provide me accurate information.

In any event, come back here on August 5 if you manage to draw - or not. Good luck!

bsnedeker

WKR
Yeah, it's a little strange but June 1 is the deadline for the 900 draw. They should show both deadlines on that page.

The drawing dates are around the same time every year for antelope. They need to complete their populations surveys before to determine the number of tags they will be giving out, and then they do the actual draw and that never happens until the middle of august. It's very annoying!

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Ha- I called too! I was refreshing their website like a mad man and couldn’t figure out why the results weren’t posting. Called in and they told me almost the exact same thing verbatim.

hunterjmj

WKR
It's annoying but the way it's been. I always put in for the time off early in the year hoping I draw then withdraw my time off if I don't draw.

bsnedeker

WKR
I might be remembering incorrectly but I believe in years past the draw has been later than the date listed by fwp. I think that happened last year actually. The draw is dependent on them getting their surveys completed. With all the fires this year I wouldn't be suprised if it was late.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hunterjmj

WKR
I might be remembering incorrectly but I believe in years past the draw has been later than the date listed by fwp. I think that happened last year actually. The draw is dependent on them getting their surveys completed. With all the fires this year I wouldn't be suprised if it was late.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think you are right. They screwed up the big game draw and postponed that a week.
I believe that was last year but I could be wrong.

hobbes

WKR
They drew on August 6th last year. You can find a thread on here where everyone was posting up what they drew on that date.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
T-minus 4 days!!! (I hope). I'm headed out the week of Aug 16th to scout around the 700's near Terry, Glendive, etc. I've spent a ton of time "virtually scouting" via Google Earth and onX. Have any of you hunted these areas? There's tons of BLM and unlike my experiences in WY, it appears there are lots of public roads leading into it.

Pretty stoked myself for results.

I have hunted around Terry/Glendive. I think anyone would be smart to not rely on BMA's as their #1. With as dry as it is I think landowners must be considering not allowing hunting this year. We spoke to one BMA landowner this weekend and that was their take. Pray for rain, have the BLM areas e-scouted, try hard, and I think you'll have a good hunt.

Legend

WKR
If you plan to hunt montana this year please add a shovel and a fire extinguisher as mandatory equipment in your truck. Also, when you talk to a landowner start by saying you will walk from county road and backpack your goat out. Good luck in the draw.

bsnedeker

WKR
Dang....big goose egg for me and my hunting buddies...no buck or B tags for any of us.

bsnedeker

WKR
How in the hell could I be so unlucky this year as a resident. Damnit.

I was reading something from some folks at FWP that said speed goat numbers are not looking good this year. I'm guessing they significantly reduced tag numbers this year.

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing for me. Had a point for both tags. Hopefully I can draw with 2 points next year.