Montana draw results

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
I somehow not only didn't get a Big Game Combo, I didn't even get a general deer tag.... WTF I had 1 PP too.

I want to puke..

I spoke with someone at the fish and game office and they told me 1 point wont be 100 percent draw this year.Supposedly they got a lot more applications than last year and of course last year there were a lot more than the year before.Im glad i bought the extra point even though I thought 1 is enough.I know the feeling though according to go hunt I had a 98 percent chance at a Wyoming general tag and I didn't draw that

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Mine says successful- 2019 General Elk Combo (Released) and under Not Successful- 2019 General -Elk Combo. So did I draw or not??

If you see the screen shot on my post above I had a similar question. This is not clear at all! I called to talk to someone and they were busy but the recording said that if it says you were successful released it means that you didn’t intially get drawn but the people who entered into limited draw units and didnt get picked released their tags and then you got drawn.

TLDR:If it says you got a released tag you got a tag.

My issue is that I applied as a party with two other people. We didn’t get drawn as a party but two of us who applied got general elk combos released. The third guy who applied for a general big game did not get drawn or a released tag. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought that when you apply as a party all or none of you got tags.

If you see the screen shot on my post above I had a similar question. This is not clear at all! I called to talk to someone and they were busy but the recording said that if it says you were successful released it means that you didn’t intially get drawn but the people who entered into limited draw units and didnt get picked released their tags and then you got drawn.

TLDR:If it says you got a released tag you got a tag.

My issue is that I applied as a party with two other people. We didn’t get drawn as a party but two of us who applied got general elk combos released. The third guy who applied for a general big game did not get drawn or a released tag. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought that when you apply as a party all or none of you got tags.

So you applied as a party but the one dude applied for a Elk/Deer combo and two of you only an elk combo?

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
So you applied as a party but the one dude applied for a Elk/Deer combo and two of you only an elk combo?
That is correct. When you apply as a party are you all required to apply for the exact same tag? I hadn’t read that anywhere.

Riplip

WKR
Elk Combo for me, no dice on the LE (although I wasn't really expecting to draw the Elkhorn tag, even with 7 points).

sneaky

"DADDY"
I spoke with someone at the fish and game office and they told me 1 point wont be 100 percent draw this year.Supposedly they got a lot more applications than last year and of course last year there were a lot more than the year before.Im glad i bought the extra point even though I thought 1 is enough.I know the feeling though according to go hunt I had a 98 percent chance at a Wyoming general tag and I didn't draw that
Plenty of guys in this thread drew with zero points

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I assume you didn't buy any preference points? I previously assumed pref points only applied when purchased during previous season like almost everywhere else but the regs state that if you buy with your application they are included that year.

I'll be back for my 5th season in a row with a general elk tag (1 PP purchased during application). The last 3 have been Elk/Deer combos but no time to chase deers this year.
That's a good thing, their deer got hammered this winter

That is correct. When you apply as a party are you all required to apply for the exact same tag? I hadn’t read that anywhere.

I’m not sure exactly, but I could see that being the case. This the first year I’ve applied as a party. I know my nephew had to buy a bonus point because I did as the leader of the party (he wanted to save money). Im kind of surprised it let him do that when applying as a party.

Plenty of guys in this thread drew with zero points

I thought I saw that they weren’t going to do a pure preference point draw and 25% or something was still random. In that case you could have people with zero drawing and people with a point not.

Whole state
Thank you! Am I the only one who finds that odd? I hunt region 7 which seems to be mostly private. You would think it would be dispersed by region per regional biologist recommendation or at least prorated. It gets pretty crowded on state land! Am I missing something?

MtGomer

WKR
Thank you! Am I the only one who finds that odd? I hunt region 7 which seems to be mostly private. You would think it would be dispersed by region per regional biologist recommendation or at least prorated. It gets pretty crowded on state land! Am I missing something?

For the most part, there is no general elk hunting in r7.

Riplip

WKR
I thought I saw that they weren’t going to do a pure preference point draw and 25% or something was still random. In that case you could have people with zero drawing and people with a point not.

75% of the NR combo licenses were issued to applicants with preference points, and 25% were issued to applicants who did not have any preference points. So technically you may have had a better chance at drawing with zero points vs. one point (depending on number/ percentage of applicants with 1 point).