Montana elk and deer draw is happening now.

How do they communicate? Do they email or anything? Or maybe we just have to keep logging in and checking status?

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
General and (usually undersold) Combo licenses were issued. Special draw permits show as "pending". Hopefully this week!

Gumbo

WKR
As usual, no special deer or elk tags for me. I have never drawn any special tags except for antelope. Oh well, at least I have generals and you never know, I may get lucky with the big three or antelope.

I drew a 318-50 mule deer tag, I don't understand what the Unlim means so I'm gonna have to pull out my regs.

Anybody hunted there for muleys before?

Logan T

WKR
Hosed here again by FWP. Have 12 bonus points for elk, tag I wanted was a 14% draw rate, and no luck for me. I swear MT FWP hates me.

I drew a 318-50 mule deer tag, I don't understand what the Unlim means so I'm gonna have to pull out my regs.

Unlim means that anyone who puts in for the unit will draw it. Generally, the average age class of deer in these units will be fairly low (2.5-3.5) though old and wise bucks do exist. Good luck this fall!

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR

The thing to check that's important is whether or not you are limited to hunting antlered mule deer in that HD only. I didn't put in for mule deer in the HD I hunt elk in because I like to move around to see new country. I got just the plain general combo so I could be open to lots of places to hunt elk and deer. I'll most likely hunt elk where I did last fall but I have to go elsewhere for muleys.

I just checked and 318-50 limits you to hunting antlered mule deer in 318 only. I hope that's what you intend.