Montana elk hunting is about to take a dive

Deadfall

WKR
I agree with you here. Im a landowner, was once on a committee with RMEF, SCI member and people are not that fired up or opposed HB505. I have wrote to all on the commission and to my direct local reps. Its landowner welfare and theft of a public resource. I am a Montana conservative who cannot stand our current political field.
As to the choice of the lesser of two evils for the MT Governorship this year, we were all screwed from the get go.
Heck no those big orgs are not going to be fired up as they stand to gain. Since most of those people hunt private anyway. To the detriment of DIY folks who hunt public land. That's why I quit supporting any of those groups. They talk about protecting us, but really they are protecting their interest and using our dollars to do so. Sure they do some good and we get some bones once in awhile. Years ago they were great organizations, but have been polluted just like all organizations do over time. It's time us mere peasants take a stand!

Deadfall

WKR
This bill is the most depressing bill this session. Galt should be ashamed to call himself a Montana rancher. Unless organized groups pushback some version of this bill will pass....and elk hunters, ranching, farming, etc.. will all loose to the wealthy.
WE are the group! Mostly unorganized, which can be a good thing because noone will see it coming. We just have to start taking action! us mere peasants

OP
finner

finner

Lil-Rokslider
If you have any elk points built up in Montana, this would make them pretty much worthless after a couple years. Basically, if I go shoot a cow on private land for three years, I'll have 18 points. That would put me in the running for the Elkhorns, Bearpaws, Breaks, you name it. Anyone who doesn't have access to private land gets the shaft. It's a nightmare bill.

Thanks Deadfall for posting those contacts. Give em a call too while you're at it.

brocksw

WKR
Heck no those big orgs are not going to be fired up as they stand to gain. Since most of those people hunt private anyway. To the detriment of DIY folks who hunt public land. That's why I quit supporting any of those groups. They talk about protecting us, but really they are protecting their interest and using our dollars to do so. Sure they do some good and we get some bones once in awhile. Years ago they were great organizations, but have been polluted just like all organizations do over time. It's time us mere peasants take a stand!

Legend

WKR
Dang that is a handy link to send emails. It only takes a minute. Please help us out to stop this nonsense.

To sweeten the pot I will share Montana hunting advice in exchange for a few minutes of your time to email these legislators. Just pm me when you are done.

Schaaf

WKR
I have a phone call scheduled tomorrow w/ the acting chairman of the MT Fish & Game commission. I was not aware of this legislation and it is not the purpose of the phone call but I will definitely be asking him about it now. Thanks to the finner for bringing this to light because like sioux33 mentioned this has not had any fanfare like SB 143.
How'd the call with Tabor go?

GKWMontana

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are sent. The bill exemplifies why so many Americans are frustrated with our elected officials.

Schaaf

WKR
Sending by emails is great. If you can each get a half dozen people to send one even better.

Better yet, call your Rep from your district. A conversation goes a lot farther than an email.

*** Just found the info in the thread above - emails sent!

Does anyone have the actual email addresses to contact? I'd be happy to jump in, but I'm a Canadian and you need a valid U.S. address for the BHA auto-generator.

I participate in the Montana draw system and is this yet another underhanded move by the wealthy to double down on public resources.

Last edited:

Deadfall

WKR
*** Just found the info in the thread above - emails sent!

Does anyone have the actual email addresses to contact? I'd be happy to jump in, but I'm a Canadian and you need a valid U.S. address for the BHA auto-generator.

I participate in the Montana draw system and is this yet another underhanded move by the wealthy to double down on public resources.
Look on the, montana HB505 Thread.

Trial153

WKR
This bill sucks. I used the form email from BHA and added some comments and sent out emails. They most likely wont give a shit about what a guy in NY thinks, but I figure it wouldnt hurt

whaack

WKR
This bill sucks. I used the form email from BHA and added some comments and sent out emails. They most likely wont give a shit about what a guy in NY thinks, but I figure it wouldnt hurt

They better care. Out of state hunters pay the bills. I have zero interest in an outfitted hunt. This will kill DIY hunting. All these western states need to get their heads out of their butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk