Montana elk hunting is about to take a dive

Hell yeah! Nice work folks!
Gotta have transparency. I will definitely post the vote results as soon as they are available.
FC71185E-9745-46CD-8C80-21407ED967C1.png

Thanks are due to the folks who voted No, especially the R’s who broke party lines and voted against speaker Galt’s bill.

Legend

WKR
Mitchell, Braxton (R)[email protected](406) 200-8384Columbia Falls
Putnam, Brian (R)[email protected](406) 233-9463Kalispell
5943Thonpson Falls
Reksten, Linda (R)[email protected](406) 471-8359P

Hell yeah! Nice work folks!

View attachment 274916

Thanks are due to the folks who voted No, especially the R’s who broke party lines and voted against speaker Galt’s bill.
Atta boy! Mitchell, Putnam and Reksten are all getting a phone call and a personal email thanking them for listening to the people and not the party!!!

cgasner1

WKR
Could we do something to get gault recalled like they are trying to do to newsome in California to send them a point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadfall

WKR
Could we do something to get gault recalled like they are trying to do to newsome in California to send them a point?

Ha ha, No, but we can be sure to push for his opponent when his election cycle comes up. He is in HD30, FYI.

Deadfall

WKR
To bad that would be awesome

Indeed. Hopefully everyone is taking lessons from these bills that our voices actually still matter. Come election time, maybe we can all gang up on him and get him voted out.

Deadfall

WKR
If anybody is curious SB 314, wolf harvest bill passed to the floor...11-7 vote
SB 267, reimbursement for wolf trapping passed to the floor...11-7

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Mitchell, Braxton (R)[email protected](406) 200-8384Columbia Falls
Putnam, Brian (R)[email protected](406) 233-9463Kalispell
5943Thonpson Falls
Reksten, Linda (R)[email protected](406) 471-8359P

Atta boy! Mitchell, Putnam and Reksten are all getting a phone call and a personal email thanking them for listening to the people and not the party!!!
If you are a fellow MT resident i encourage you to do this, a little thanks goes a long ways. Least we can do!

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
If anybody is curious SB 314, wolf harvest bill passed to the floor...11-7 vote
SB 267, reimbursement for wolf trapping passed to the floor...11-7
I know the Montana GOP has taken some hits on this thread but you really have to applaud what they've done for the 2nd amendment and predator management.

I'm going to be sending emails to the R's that voted against this bill. They deserve some kudos for their no votes, as does everyone who let them know what they thought of 505. Nice work everybody, it's good to put one in the win column for the good guys.

TheCougar

WKR
Just sent thank you emails to all 3!

On behalf of Montana hunters and republicans, thank you for voting against HB505. This was a very destructive bill for your “average joe” hunters who aren’t major landowners, not to mention Montana’s elk herds. Had it passed, it would have removed all landowner support for the Block Management Program and further incentivized landowners to concentrate elk on private lands and eliminate public access. I have no doubt that your vote went against the “party line”, and probably against the wishes of some of your wealthier supporters. That being said, you gained the allegiance and support of thousands of conservatives and hunters across Montana. Thank you for your willingness to do the right thing and vote down HB505!

TheCougar

WKR
Just sent thank you emails to all 3!

On behalf of Montana hunters and republicans, thank you for voting against HB505. This was a very destructive bill for your “average joe” hunters who aren’t major landowners, not to mention Montana’s elk herds. Had it passed, it would have removed all landowner support for the Block Management Program and further incentivized landowners to concentrate elk on private lands and eliminate public access. I have no doubt that your vote went against the “party line”, and probably against the wishes of some of your wealthier supporters. That being said, you gained the allegiance and support of thousands of conservatives and hunters across Montana. Thank you for your willingness to do the right thing and vote down HB505!
I casually omitted that I’m a dirty no good NR... for now. My ass is stationed in Texas, but I leave my heart in MT at the end of every fall. I love your state! Protect your land and your animals. Once it’s gone, you don’t get it back.

Deadfall

WKR
I know the Montana GOP has taken some hits on this thread but you really have to applaud what they've done for the 2nd amendment and predator management.

I'm going to be sending emails to the R's that voted against this bill. They deserve some kudos for their no votes, as does everyone who let them know what they thought of 505. Nice work everybody, it's good to put one in the win column for the good guys.
Indeed.

They gonna take some more if anyone looks to see who gianforte is nominating for FWP commission

OP
finner

finner

Lil-Rokslider
Indeed.

They gonna take some more if anyone looks to see who gianforte is nominating for FWP commission
Without a doubt. Kicking McKean off, adding an outfitter with a long history of citations (for illegal outfitting, among other things) and stacking the deck with PERC board members, oil and gas and ranchers. If they didn't get what they wanted in the session for elk management, they'll ram it through with the commission. It was tough enough to get hunters heard in those meetings when we had a few friendly faces on the Commission, now we'll have one.