Montana Elk Outfitter for 2020

Looking at the following outfitters for a wilderness elk hunt in a general tag area for 2020. Feel free to send a PM with any feedback, or any alternate recommendations.

Lazy J Bar O
A Lazy H
Absaroka-Beartooth
JM Bar

Thanks in advance

In the same place now for a future hunt. Interested to know who you chose and how your hunt went, if you're willing to share.

cowboy11

FNG
Looking at the following outfitters for a wilderness elk hunt in a general tag area for 2020. Feel free to send a PM with any feedback, or any alternate recommendations.

Lazy J Bar O
A Lazy H
Absaroka-Beartooth
JM Bar

Thanks in advance
Did you wind up using any of these?

OP
Doc Holliday
Did you wind up using any of these?
Negative. Ended up doing a hunt on private land as my hunting partner wasn't up for the physical challenge or the higher odds of coming home empty handed that come with public land hunting.

OP
Doc Holliday
In the same place now for a future hunt. Interested to know who you chose and how your hunt went, if you're willing to share.
Sorry, I didn't "see" your question until now. Feel free to PM for more info. Assume you have found what you were looking for by now

cowboy11

FNG
Negative. Ended up doing a hunt on private land as my hunting partner wasn't up for the physical challenge or the higher odds of coming home empty handed that come with public land hunting.
Gotcha. Been looking at some private land rifle hunts and about 95% sure I’m gonna go with Absaroka Beartooth Outfitters

cowboy11

FNG
Did you end up hunting with ABO? If so how did it go?
Yeah, on my way home actually. Was a GREAT hunt. Killed a 340s bull 30 minutes after daylight on my first day but he only had 1 horn, but didn’t matter to me because he was big. Everyone in camp killed a bull within the first two days. Most were 280-300 inch bulls. Food and camp were awesome, guides were amazing. Definitely going to come back for archery elk and a rifle bear hunt in the future.

Geetar

FNG
Thanks for the reply and congrats to you and the other hunters.