Montana general question north east corner of the state

Cowbell

WKR
Let's say you have access to 50,000 private acres in north eastern Montana on the milk river. What week of the season would you hunt for mule deer?

Tmac

WKR
Last half of November is a safe bet. The later you go, the more of a chance of a bad storm, but I have had them hit me there in early Nov too. All that said, I’ve had very good rut hunts from about the end of the first week in Nov. to the end of the season. One year I hunted a private ranch and the rut was nuts, the next week, the week before Thanksgiving, the owners hunted it and did not see one good buck or any daytime rutting behavior. You just never know.

OP
C

Cowbell

WKR
Thanks guys - appreciate all the responses. It's amazing how much different the rut is based on buck/doe ratios.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
My experience is the closer to Thanksgiving the better. If you can be out there the day after a good snow storm, deer seem to just come out of the woodwork!

utahkid39

FNG
We always go the week before thanksgiving Some years its good some years I feel like we are picking over leftovers. A ranch that big id hunt closer to thanksgiving if it doesn't get the crap hunted out of it