Montana hunter safety clarification

I’m pretty sure I’m going to draw a tag in Montana this year. How do I verify my hunter safety? Specifically for archery, I’m a non resident . I called FWP last week and the person I spoke with made it seem like I do it online when I apply. Can anyone give me some clarification on that process? I don’t have bow hunter safety but have bow hunted in other states

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
If I remember correctly there was a place to put in your bow hunter Ed number or a past bowhunting license number from another state when you were applying.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
There is an online course. But if you have a previous year bow hunting license from another state then that would qualify as well. I know pre covid residents were also required to do a field day for the online course but not sure of course requirements for non resident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yooper

WKR
I also live in a state that doesn't have a bowhunter-specific requirement but we do have to have hunters safety. I call MT F&G about a month ago and asked the same question. The woman there said they're aware all states don't have a bowhunter specific requirement and that my previous general deer license (bow, rifle, muzzle loader) from my state would suffice. Take that for what it's worth. I would still clarify that with MT F&G if I were you.