Montana launches new FWP app

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Well we applied last night for the deer combos, I had no problem using the APP, but my buddies who have never hunted montana before and didn't have their ALS numbers had a horrible time getting applied on the APP.

Ended up using a tablet and just doing it on the regular FWP site and had no problems from there

After we got done i told them to just delete the app as it seems like its garbage anyway, we all chose to have the tags mailed to us etc. and will do things the old fashioned way lol

I tried buying the licenses and printing from home. I HATE using plain ol' paper and when I print from home use TerraSlate waterproof paper. Works slick, on my end.

Unbelievably, hours later, I'm STILL waiting for an email with carcass tags from MT FWP. Their answer, oh, we'll just go ahead and print them here. UGH!

It still amazes me. We are expected to trust a new APP on an electronic device, yet after 3 years, they still can't get an email to me so I can print my own. I might try the E-Tags next year, but I want to wait and see how successful they are this year. At this point, I have a hard time trusting either of their current systems in place!

Why in the world they haven't scrapped the whole shebang and started from scratch with a new system is beyond me. At this point, I doubt it could be much more difficult or less user friendly than what is currently in place.

Just one year, I'd like to purchase my tags from MT FWP without having to call customer service because something on their end got screwed up!

Edited to add, don't worry, they'll be able to get you multiple emails a week about all the cool things going on at MT FWP. Just not the one you need with your carcass tags! :cool: