Montana Missouri Breaks Hunting units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones72

FNG
Good Morning All, I'm looking for insight on which unit to apply for this year in the breaks. I've hunted in 620, 621 & 622. I was looking at units 410 or 417. We saw a lot of elk in the 620's unit once we found them. Hunting pressure was a bit of challenge, but that's hunting. This year I have somewhat limited time to hunt so I'm looking at hiring a guide. Hopefully on private property to limit the hunting pressure. I've been in touch Armells Creek outfitters, have anyone hunted with them? What was your experience with them? Everything I found on the internet about them has been positive. Any other good guides in the other units 410, 620 or 700 on private property that someone would recommend? Have a great day!! :):)

Thanks DB

MT257

WKR
The two units your looking at are no longer bundled together like in years past. They now have their own quotas fyi.

I have not hunted with arnells but I believe they are the ones who took a case to court to shut down access to a section of blm with what had been the historic Road access through private. That gives him a pretty good block of land that most people cannot get into without securing access permissions through other person's private land. The land they are hunting I suspect is public but you have to go all the way from the north side to get to it.

I had the 417 rifle tag in 2022. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I can only speak to my observations, but happy to help a fellow hunter (or applicant)

I had the 417 rifle tag in 2022. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I can only speak to my observations, but happy to help a fellow hunter (or applicant)
Hey Bull_n_heat, I have a 417 rifle tag this year and I just have a few questions. If you could pm me I would be interested in what you came across or success stories. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.