Montana muzzleloader season

cgasner1

WKR
So how long till I have a opinion since i moved to this state and wasn’t born here I’ve been here my entire adult life I also hunt multiple states every year the point I’m trying to make is if you guys are so adamant on have a 3 month long season let’s change it so that your not smashing every buck with a fork on it. You ever wonder why these other states have such sort seasons they want to give there game a chance to live and they figure everyone doesn’t deserve a participation forked horn I’d be willing to bet that it would make our hunting better by taking those 2 weeks away and or changing the weapon restrictions personally I’d love to see it a pick your weapon and per species just to break it up and give the game more of a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadfall

WKR
So how long till I have a opinion since i moved to this state and wasn’t born here I’ve been here my entire adult life I also hunt multiple states every year the point I’m trying to make is if you guys are so adamant on have a 3 month long season let’s change it so that your not smashing every buck with a fork on it. You ever wonder why these other states have such sort seasons they want to give there game a chance to live and they figure everyone doesn’t deserve a participation forked horn I’d be willing to bet that it would make our hunting better by taking those 2 weeks away and or changing the weapon restrictions personally I’d love to see it a pick your weapon and per species just to break it up and give the game more of a chance

Eh. Dontcworry about it. Noone cares about my opinions either. Lol
Seriously though I don't think changing season is going to change ethics. People still going to toad hunt and kill everything they see. Then drive around showing off. I dont think season length or weapon type will change that.
I actually think the longer season helps with herd age. Most guys don't have a bunch of time. So if they get a couple extra weekends. Maybe they pass a 2yr old the first couple weeks.

Either way slways gonna be guys that kill everything.

Personally, I use ye ol smoke pole sometimes during rifle season. Don't bother me. I like the smell of it.

cgasner1

WKR
It won’t change ethics at all but it may get them out of the woods before the rut hit that much harder or before the weather hits that’s also pushing them around if they are still driving around last week of season anyways there is a chance they wouldn’t have killed a deer

bsnedeker

WKR
Everyone saying the elk and deer are getting slammed from rifle season being too long.... where you getting that from? With the exception of mule deer we are over objectives for animal populations across most of the state. That's what those pesky wildlife biologists say anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
It is also like to see the non resident side redone and they have to draw by region so we control how many people are hunting in region 3 or 7 instead of giving them the run of our state

This is something I really like: X number of tags for out of state per region vs. the absolute circus that 700 turns into the last two weeks of the season. I don't blame anyone driving from the midwest not wanting to drive another five/ten hours to hunt deer. Easier to stop in Miles City and blast a mulie. My reasons, like everyone else's is selfish - love this idea and others posted in this discussion. Good luck getting changes with "the industry" that relies on ease of tags, regions and seasons.

^^ I like the base of this too. Residents hunt the whole state. Non residents pick a region for D&E. Make it similar to Antelope for non resident draws. As far as a shorter general rifle season, that does not change outcome of harvest rates, and limits working families days in the field. The biologist here do a great job with the resources and funding provided to them determining tag quota and herd densities. We have a system that works for the majority of residents.

cgasner1

WKR
To me that’s why a primitive weapon season would be cool you could keep the 6 weeks since everyone seems to want that and it’s not the quantity that I’d like to see change but the quality any day during season it’s pretty simple to shoot a 150” 4x4 would be nice to see a couple more of the upper age bucks around

Deadfall

WKR
To me that’s why a primitive weapon season would be cool you could keep the 6 weeks since everyone seems to want that and it’s not the quantity that I’d like to see change but the quality any day during season it’s pretty simple to shoot a 150” 4x4 would be nice to see a couple more of the upper age bucks around

Cool idea. I'm of the same kind of mind set. Even did a what if thread on here suggesting something similar. Just without government help. Anyway general idea i got from thread is that most are just filling freezers, don't care about the rest. Which, to each their own.
Myself, im picky. That's about the only person I can change. Even that's difficult most of the time....haha