Montana Non Resident hunters read!

If you are a non resident who hunts Montana read the article from go hunt attached. This is a huge deal and warrants a few minutes and letters to senators there. ALERT: New bill will greatly impact DIY nonresident hunters in Montana
Essentially this would allocate the first 60% of NR General big game combo tags to outfitters., further reducing access and setting a dangerous precedent and threat to DIY hunters in other states.
I don’t typically get fired up and post much but to me this seems flat out wrong and worse than Wyoming‘s wilderness rules. I don’t hunt with guides and never will. This is yet another restriction to access and poorly thought through. I’m sure many hunters make multiple trips to Montana per year ,as their tags allow. Now it would be one and done unless you can afford multiple outfitted hunts. A huge $$$ grab for MOGA.
Please take a second and look at the list and write a quick email or call any and all listed senators. You can have an impact.

jaypope

Lil-Rokslider
I saw this on Randy Newberg’s Instagram page a couple days ago. I’m definitely going to write the letters expressing my opinion on the matter. I love hunting DIY on MT public land and pray that it doesn’t get passed. I’ll continue to put in for a general tag either way.

Brendan

WKR
Already being discussed here:

Djacker

WKR
My wife and I both sent emails. My wife actually got a reply from one senator, im sure it was automatic reply.

Maldavis

FNG
Maybe all non resident hunters should boycott and take the revenue stream with them. We know that would never happen but it would send a monetary message.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jkuhn22

FNG
Sent my emails as well. Good outfitters are hard to find, giving 60% to outfitters will cause every bubba to start an “outfitting” company. I am sure they will be all top notch to justify their $5-8k fee🤮

Another step in the rising costs of Elk hunting. Elk hunting is truly becoming a very expensive hobby....sad

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
This is troubling. The revenue already amassed due to NR has to be hefty. So- it can't be an administrative move. It has to have originated from the Outfitters Assoc.

If so, sad. Very sad

Slim Jim

WKR
Holy crap hunting is changing quick! I usually hunt ID for OTC elk but because they sold out this year in less than a minute, I was going to put in for Montana elk general. If this shit keeps up I’ll probably only hunt elk a few more times in my life. Unless I become a resident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk