Montana non resident spring bear and turkey hunting suspended

FLAK

WKR
So, I guess the Montana borders are closed ? No truckers right?
No private or commercial flights?
As long as we keep those Non residents out of the woods.
LOL!!!

skierhs

WKR
So, I guess the Montana borders are closed ? No truckers right?
No private or commercial flights?
As long as we keep those Non residents out of the woods.
LOL!!!
Your right there are limited flights going on and we have freight going through our state. We have the national guard at the airports checking each individual when they get off flights. We also have a 14 day quartine requirement for anyone coming in from out of state. We should be limiting our non resident fishing and we need to keep Yellowstone and glacier closed as well. Outside of supply lines I am down for shutting down the border just like the USA has done so far. I’m glad to see you think your so important that you are as critical as keeping the nation supplied and keeping hospitals full with supplies. I’m not a fan of the governor but as long as he keeps jokers like you out during this situation he may actually get my vote. Thankfully Montana doesn’t need you.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Your right there are limited flights going on and we have freight going through our state. We have the national guard at the airports checking each individual when they get off flights. We also have a 14 day quartine requirement for anyone coming in from out of state. We should be limiting our non resident fishing and we need to keep Yellowstone and glacier closed as well. Outside of supply lines I am down for shutting down the border just like the USA has done so far. I’m glad to see you think your so important that you are as critical as keeping the nation supplied and keeping hospitals full with supplies. I’m not a fan of the governor but as long as he keeps jokers like you out during this situation he may actually get my vote. Thankfully Montana doesn’t need you.
Tell that to your fellow Montanans that are coming down here trying to buy up everything in our local stores. That door swings both ways. Next Montana plated vehicle I see I need to tell them to go home if you wanna play that stupid game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mooster

WKR
Just got notice that my USFS cabin rental in NW MT is cancelled. No notice other than it’s cancelled and all fees refunded. Had it booked months ago. The rental was for week of May 25th. I was hopeful that there would be some limited resumption of normality by then. I’m sure if they resume rentals I won’t get the reservation again as they book fast.

skierhs

WKR
Tell that to your fellow Montanans that are coming down here trying to buy up everything in our local stores. That door swings both ways. Next Montana plated vehicle I see I need to tell them to go home if you wanna play that stupid game.

Start by contacting your representative and go from there. Sure, go knock on the window of the next Montana plated vehicle and tell them some guy on the internet hurt your feelings that is from Montana because he said he’s happy the state of Montana is protecting it’s interests and the states population hahaha. I don’t mind non residents that were here before this all started since they can’t bring the virus then. So just make sure they recently traveled to your state within the last 6 weeks or so first. Lol

Last edited:

skierhs

WKR
Just got notice that my USFS cabin rental in NW MT is cancelled. No notice other than it’s cancelled and all fees refunded. Had it booked months ago. The rental was for week of May 25th. I was hopeful that there would be some limited resumption of normality by then. I’m sure if they resume rentals I won’t get the reservation again as they book fast.
Back on track of this thread. . . That sucks they shut down the rentals but not surprising as anything developed on USFS seems to be getting shut down. Those cabins are hard to book and they are a great to hunt out of. Did they post all cabins were closed or did you get an email?

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider

What cabin was it?

mooster

WKR
Back on track of this thread. . . That sucks they shut down the rentals but not surprising as anything developed on USFS seems to be getting shut down. Those cabins are hard to book and they are a great to hunt out of. Did they post all cabins were closed or did you get an email?
Just got an email. I had been on the USFS and fish and game sites just two days ago confirming our timeframe and intended areas would be open. I understood the 2 week quarantine in MT for non residents but I assumed by late May they’d be opening things back up.

skierhs

WKR
Just got an email. I had been on the USFS and fish and game sites just two days ago confirming our timeframe and intended areas would be open. I understood the 2 week quarantine in MT for non residents but I assumed by late May they’d be opening things back up.
Gotcha, i will he surprised if the ban is lifted before bear/turkey ends with how everything is going. If USFS is canceling cabin rentals that far out id assume they were told to cancel them.

bsnedeker

WKR

So I'm seriously curious... what are Montanans coming to idaho to buy? I live in NW MT and we don't have shortages of anything. I'm not doubting you're seeing MT plates.... I'm seeing all kinds of folks with Canadian plates driving around Kalispell when I go into town and have been wondering what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

really, your joking right? nw montana has been coming into Idaho and Washington for years to go shopping. not complaining, just stating. The Cda costco is closer than the missoula costco for lots of people in nw montana.

bsnedeker

WKR
There is a Costco in Kalispell my friend. We have wal mart, target, cabelas, sportsman skihaus...blah blah blah. There is absolutely nothing I would even remotely consider going to ID to get. We have plenty of food and toilet paper on the shelves so unless you guys in ID somehow have all of the hand sanitizer in the country hoarded I can't imagine why anyone would drive across the border to shop in ID other than a minor change in scenery.

Whatever the reason you guys are seeing MT plates I highly doubt it's for all of the tremendous shopping opportunity.

EDIT: Ok, spent some time looking at the map...I can see there are a few town on the border of ID where it would make more sense to go to Cda. Seems like a pretty small population of folks but who knows...maybe there are way more people living out there than I thought!

Last edited:
It is but why do we want to increase the amount of the virus in the state? Why do we want to encourage travel and increase the rate of transmission? The state is trying to cut down the transmission rate as much as possible to help keep our medical facilities from being any more overwhelmed than they already are. By closing non resident seasons the state is trying to slow the progression of the corona virus. If we simply didn’t want non residents we would further limit non resident tags. The more I hear non residents complain about not being allowed to come into the state to hunt the happier it makes me we shut down the season thus far because we don’t need people coming into the state that disregard the well being of MY home state.

It’s the same shit I see with people going to Idaho. Idaho currently doesn’t consider recreation travel at all to be essential, so out of state hunters technically are not allowed in. That isn’t stopping them, and it’s gonna bite us in the ass if this flares back up around deer/elk season because I can see Idaho completely pulling the tags like mt/or/ak.

skierhs

WKR
It’s the same shit I see with people going to Idaho. Idaho currently doesn’t consider recreation travel at all to be essential, so out of state hunters technically are not allowed in. That isn’t stopping them, and it’s gonna bite us in the ass if this flares back up around deer/elk season because I can see Idaho completely pulling the tags like mt/or/ak.
Exactly, I think closing the spring hunting season gives to NR provides the best chances of having a regular fall season. If we open back up to early things are just going to spike again and push the closing of things farther into the future.